The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Dudes (and Dudettes)! Wow. Inspiration here in this thread.

It's been a quiet few months for me as far as photography goes. But as Spring starts to appear, I'm trying to rev up by processing some old stuff laying around that went overlooked.

Peace to you!

Tim

mattpallante

Dudes (and Dudettes)! Wow. Inspiration here in this thread.

It's been a quiet few months for me as far as photography goes. But as Spring starts to appear, I'm trying to rev up by processing some old stuff laying around that went overlooked.

Peace to you!

Tim
Tim, I love that shot through the screen!

Matt

mattpallante

Okay, getting to know the Sigma 35. Weathers been crappy and I haven't had a chance to get out much. These are iso 100 and monopod. f13,f16, and f2 in order...Hope everyone enjoys the holiday and weekend...Matt

scho

Three shots with the D800e+85 f/1.8G taken today on a rainy walk around Houston pond at Cornell's Newman Arboretum. Still no spring flush - just same old dull winter colors.

KeithL

This shot just was a quick spin of the Zeiss 15mm...
Hi, I'm still seriously considering the Zeiss 15mm on a D800E. My concerns are the corner and edge performance, though I do wonder if the occasional criticism I hear could be due to people not taking into account just how wide this lens is and not stopping down far enough to allow for sufficient DOF.

Any feedback you can give me would be welcomed.

RVB

Hi, I'm still seriously considering the Zeiss 15mm on a D800E. My concerns are the corner and edge performance, though I do wonder if the occasional criticism I hear could be due to people not taking into account just how wide this lens is and not stopping down far enough to allow for sufficient DOF.

Any feedback you can give me would be welcomed.
It's excellent with no focus shift and handle's sun flare very well,C.A's are minimal and same for distortion,live view is very helpful for critical focus..

it's almost 250 grams lighter than the nikkor 14-24.. I will post a few files for you..

KeithL

It's excellent with no focus shift and handle's sun flare very well,C.A's are minimal and same for distortion,live view is very helpful for critical focus..

it's almost 250 grams lighter than the nikkor 14-24.. I will post a few files for you..
Many thanks, much appreciated.

KeithL

RVB

Many thanks indeed for making these files available, it really is appreciated.

The control of flare on the Zeiss is quite remarkable. Central definition likewise. The profile in ACR is also very good.

I'm still unsure about edge and corner definition but admit that perhaps I'm being too critical especially considering just how wide this lens is. For me this is probably the issue, the lens is simply too wide which not only impacts on edge performance but also on the rendering of perspective. Perhaps, for me at least, it's just too extreme.

BTW, I thought your processed image was very fine, you certainly got the most out of the file.

Thanks once again. All the best and good shooting to you.

Keith

scho

Buttermilk Falls. D800e+Nikkor 18-35 G+Tiffen Digital 1.2 ND filter. Harsh lighting, but the D800e handled it surprisingly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.