The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonf

Nikon makes many superb lenses for macro/micro work.
I once had the privilege of speaking with Ansel Adams about enarging lenses and he told me he was using a special gift set of APO-Nikkor Process lenses for his enlarging of 8x10 and larger sized negatives.
They were the finest set of enlarging lenses he had ever used.
I also have the Nikkor AM 210mm F5.6 which is also superb. I guess it is to long to use with the D800. It was amazing on 4x5.
Thanks very much for your suggestions. I love your work.
Mike
Mike, you would be amazed of the micro-contrast and sharpness in general.
F5.6 is amazzziiinnggg. F8 very good.
I would recommend a sturdy tripod or studio stand and mirror up and 3 secs delay.
ACH

rayyan

Thanks for the ' likes ' guys...and gal!!

Family is sitting around chatting, having tea and coffee. I can't have coffee. Roll of the dice. No issue.

Suddenly the bell rings. Unannounced guests. Friends, informal. What to do?

We do, what we always do around here. Open our house to the guests. They bring us good luck. Guests..wonderful. A blessing!!

Replenish the coffee and tea jugs. Add more dates. Bring out the coffee and tea
cups. Greet our friends. Their youngest starts to pour the coffee and pass it around. It is his house too!! The coffee first and only then the tea.

Why, the coffee first and then the tea? Well you can have the coffee afterwards too!! Because that's the way it is done.

And let's not forget the small dish to put away the date seeds, the small bowl of water to dip and clean one's fingers after handling the dates, the napkins to dry the hands and....

In the meantime, my youngest has rushed off to get dinner for us all. The guests must stay for dinner. A simple affair...we spread a clean sheet over the carpet in another room, place the dishes, the cutlery, then the food that has just been brought in..the eldest guest is invited for dinner. The kids help me stand up. Hands are washed and dried. We sit around the food.

Thank the Lord for His Blessings. Share our food together as we share our lives
together.

Simple people. Simple lives. After food, and washing our hands with anti-bacterial soap and spraying the hands with antibacterial perfumes, it is back to coffee and tea. A fresh serving has already been placed in the sitting area by
the female members of the family.

Welcome to my house.

rayyan

Happy for you, my friend. Glad you're there to greet those guests. (Now about those dates! ;))
Lloyd, a little more time my friend, and we shall send you the dates from the States. All the family is going over their to attend a wedding...Ayesha's favorite niece...and it seems to be a big gathering from both side of the border. So, obviously, I shall not be coming now. But maybe a little later, my brother-in-law ( a resident of IL. And an MD to boot!) and I have decided to head south by road thru the Smokey Mountains, into the real south that I loved as a youth...Louisianna, Georgia, Mississippi. A leisurely trip this..photography and just reliving memories of times past...wonderful times. Nothing, and I mean nothing, exists to compare with southern hospitality, food, music and the belles! Nothing! You Yanks would never know that.

I have made sure, she shall bring with her a few variety of factory packed dates.
You shall have them Fedexed!

Jorgen, Ben..thank you too for the ' likes'.

rayyan

Rayyan: Captivatingly narrated and that's the point and a wonderful quintessence. Great to hear you're doing well after all that! :salute:
Hello there Hermann!! So nice to hear from you. Thanks dear friend. Thank you very much.

Was just another journey, where my boat made it to the shore. A traveler, traveling alone!! But I did have a Guide this time around, for sure.

And folks, I am truly grateful for all the ' likes '.

Kindest regards.

rayyan

Another journey of yesteryear. Traveling alone and missing home in a tropical rainstorm in Ubud, Bali.

p.s. I have tuned in to an internet radio station ..Nostalgie 60 - Arlon, Belgium. Listening right now to a rendering in French of ' If you are going to SF '. Give it a try.

rayyan

Lloyd, Ben, ceh...thank you friends.

Remember Simon and Garfunkel?...was just listening to ' Bridge over troubled water '...wonderful, wonderful song. Music as it should be...Nostalgia!

That got me searching for another nostalgic journey, this time in France...

Now if only they played the Procol Harum and ' a whiter shade of pale ', and some John Denver and James Taylor....

Lloyd

One of my all-time favorite songs. Nostalgia aplenty in that one!

Very cool image, Rayyan. Love the processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.