The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

More Indian pictures.. this is the backwaters at Alleppey, struggling with the harsh sun and the shadows it brings.. .. but this is the outcome.. d800 - 24-70 f/2.8

AlexLF

Some fireworks from Victory Day:

All processed with DxO and I like it! (Framing done in PS Elements, not sure I'll jump into Adobe monthly subscription, so trying to find alternatives)

Paratom

Impressive, Tom. I finally held one of those in my hands. Very nice, but I'm not sure it's for me.
I am not sure yet either but decided to give it a try. I have experience with many high quality compacts, including for example the dp1, x2 and also the rx1.
The Coolpix A is really small and light but still offers a pretty good (for my taste) user interface. Then its 28 vs 35mm fov and while 35mm might be more flexible I seem to have more fun with 28mm at the moment.
Yesterday I shot some images with the A and some with the M9+28/2.0 and I was shocked that the images from the A seemed sharper than those from the M9.
The lens of the A seems really excellent.
While I loved the RX1 IQ it felt too close to my Leica M. The Coolpix A is considerably more pockable.
Sorry for being off topic, at least I talk about a Nikon camera.

Lloyd

Thanks for the info, Tom. Very interesting to get your take. I'd be interested in more as you use it.

routlaw

Its been awhile, but lots great new images posted as always.

Great shot William & congrats on the Anniversary!

One from a recent trip to the southwest. Mesa Verde National Park, Square Tower House.

Rob

Last edited:

routlaw

A couple more from one stormy dramatic evening. Needles Overlook near Canyonlands Nat Park. One almost a full circle rainbow, but couldn't fit it all in with the 24 PC lens.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Last edited:

routlaw

Really nice, Rob. Great to see you around here again.
Thanks Lloyd, its been crazed here again so have not had much time to visit. And man did we see some wild crazy weather down in Four Corners area. A bit of everything. Trials and tribulations of photography:))

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.