The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, its been crazed here again so have not had much time to visit. And man did we see some wild crazy weather down in Four Corners area. A bit of everything. Trials and tribulations of photography:))

rob
Sounds like fun. ;)

From what you posted, looks like it was worth it!

routlaw

And another batch these from Hovenweep National Monument, CO & UT.

Square Tower Group first 3

Holly Group 4th & 5th

Cutthroat Castle, final two

Nats ate us alive.

Last edited:

routlaw

These are terrific, Rob! Love your b/w processing too.
Many thanks Lloyd, and fwiw I spend quite a bit of time doing these often working them from the beginning several times before getting it right. No filters or plug-ins. All done the hard way :banghead:

Lloyd

Many thanks Lloyd, and fwiw I spend quite a bit of time doing these often working them from the beginning several times before getting it right. No filters or plug-ins. All done the hard way :banghead:
Well, it's working. :thumbup:

rayyan

Back in my active days, I slept early, got up early, went back to sleep and got up..whenever I awoke.

From 3500 meters up. An early morning..the peaks start to catch the sunlight.
The settlements below are covered with mist/fog/and a dense cloud cover. It is
cold...

rayyan

I wait some time. There is hot coffee by my side. And sandwiches.

I am not in a hurry, but I do not want to be late either.

I have to go back to sleep!! Let's see the progress of the morning..in quick time..

Things begin to be visible. The coldness is lifted..not for me though!

The fireside in my room beckons.

rayyan

I wait some more. I want to see the valley below. I have been there.

It is beautiful. It is past the golden or the silver hour. I point my camera

down..into what was hidden by the fog/mist/clouds....

There is freshness in the air. Crisp and clean. I hear the sounds of morning activity around me.

Time to go back to sleep. To get up well before sunset.

neilvan

A couple from two weeks ago while driving back from my parents home in the interior of British Columbia, Canada. Shot these right from my drivers seat, part of the reason I bought my Tacoma TRD Off-Road truck... ;-)

Vantage Peak in the southwest of BC, click here for a Google Map. Captured with my D800/CZ 85mm f1.4 ZF.2 (my favourite landscape lens). At full resolution you can see this ski trails left by the local 'extreme' outdoor folks that live in the area...

One horizontal, one vertical, I have a hard time choosing which one I like the most...Converted to B&W in CS6 via Silver Efex Pro.

neilvan

Had to cut my forest hike short today 'cause of a black bear cub and its big mother and a brief encounter at the trail head. They went one way, I went the other. No photos sorry, camera was in the backpack... :-|

Went to the local community garden instead and found this 'monster'...

D800/Sigma 150mm OS

f/11, 1/160th, ISO100, Handheld

BSEH

There is like 10 trillion pic of taj mahal.. why take more ? so this is another boring pic Im trying to pump up..

Status
Not open for further replies.