The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The body building shots seem like a perfect case for B&W. Nicely done.

Note to self: need to cut the carbs for a few years ... :ROTFL:

shtarka1

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
FWIW, I prefer the looking away, but it's probably going to be the minority opinion ;)
Thanks Jack, I'm inclined to agree. Looking back now those types appeal more to me than the bullseye shots.

Actually, in the case of those two images I'd actually flip them but I didn't see how I could do that in C1.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
FWIW, I prefer the looking away, but it's probably going to be the minority opinion ;)
Yeah, me too. It might have something to do with shooting a lot of wildlife ourselves, and hoping the subject will stop staring at us and go do something wildlife-like... :)

gurtch

Nikon D800e, Tamron f2.8 24~70 VR lens at f11, fill flash at -3/4 stop. Image cropped a bit. Backround isolated and Gausian blur applied.
Dave in NJ

Last edited:

Mr.Gale

I was photographing some Sunflower fields west of Sacramento last week. This one was taken about 10 min. before sunrise.

D800e 24-120mm @46mm, .6sec @ f11
Two images focus stacked using PS.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went for a walk with the banged up, old D300 today and the equally tired zoom lens. They still work. They go "click" when I push the shutter button :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 175mm and f/2.8

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Revisiting some Nikon raws today and quickly ran them through the latest Capture One Pro 7.3. What a difference a few years makes when it comes to raw processors!! I'd previously processed these through Capture NX2 and was very happy with the results although some PP in photoshop was required. This time I spent literally a few minutes using C1 Pro only and I think that the results are now better.

Think about revisiting some of those old files! :D

All D3/D3s & 200-400VR

Awesome!!! Magnificent light!
Pramote

shtarka1

Went for a walk with the banged up, old D300 today and the equally tired zoom lens. They still work. They go "click" when I push the shutter button :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 175mm and f/2.8

Jorgan, Im Seeing LaToya Jackson Here! The D300 Still Has Pep In Its Step! Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.