The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayouboy63

Hi, could you explain a bit more how this image was taken?

Thanks, S :)
Gitzo GT2542T tripod, Markins Q Ball Q3 Traveler Ballhead, Remote Release, RRS lens plate on Nikon Micro-Nikkor AF 200mm f/4 D ED Lens. The Nikon 6T diopter was mounted reversed with an adapter on the front of the lens. Live view for critical focus, ISO 1600 1/250" @ f/16 Processed in CS6 and Nik software. I downsized original jpg file with resolution of 300, width 4912 x height 7360 to height 1800 x 1201. Sharpened twice, added contrast, used define and detail extractor in Nik software. Saved for web.
Shot was done in field. I was walking through tall grass and his lunch flew up and he caught it. Followed where he landed and carefully approached. Raised the tripod just enough to get a clear background. Being in a field of tall grass, it was easy to get a green background. They are hard to get close to but I think he was enjoying his catch more than noticing me. Wind was a constant problem. Didn't have flash with me. I bumped ISO up and took many photos as the wind died down to get a well focused shot. Thanks for looking.

Pierrard

From a recent roadtrip across the Rocky Mountains and back: the glacier behind (to the west of) Lake Louise:

Nikon D90 with 200/4 AIS, tripod-mounted, 1/640sec, no filters.
42-image panorama, image formatted as 18X24" and 30X40" prints.
Curves and B&W conversion in Photoshop CS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.