The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Superb Pramote, I'd love to photograph active lava, the old stuff on Iceland was incredible to look at.

Mat
Thanks very much Matt! I really appreciate your comment.
This picture was taken few months ago during our trip to the Big Island. I love this place!
Pramote

M

mjr

viablex1 that's a cool IR shot, never done any myself so excuse my ignorance, is that taken with a converted camera or just a filter? I love the trees and river, I'd probably have cropped the sky out, for me it doesn't add to the beauty of the landscape itself. I feel like giving it a go!

Mat

jduncan

Evening!

Well, I just got back from taking my first shots of Swedish Northern Lights this season, not particularly strong and the moon is very bright so far from ideal but hey, it's the Northern Lights so got to give it a go!

Mat
Truly wonderful.
I love this capture. The treatment of color is fantastic and the exposure right on.

Great job

M

mjr

Hey, thanks for your kind words, unfortunately I can't really take much credit, I just pointed the camera and set it for 30 seconds, it did the rest! There's no real post processing to this except border and watermark stuff.

I hope you get the chance to head North at some point and see the lights for yourself, they are truly amazing when in full flow, this is not impressive at all but I was excited to capture it anyway!

Mat

M

mjr

Morning!

I have to agree Hulyss, much better!

Not having anyone beautiful at hand, I had to settle for some more Northern Lights, really incredible display here last night, best I've seen here.

I've not really got the whole processing thing down yet for aurora, need to work on it a bit.

Mat

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjr

Cheers Lloyd and to others who have liked, very nice of you!

Here's another, to be honest I only took a handful, then just watched it as it was fascinating and far more intense than any I've seen here before.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.