The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Cheers guys, indeed it is always a privilege to see, the Southern Lights when I worked in the Antarctic were unbelievable, these were close! I don't know why but even though I've seen them many times, I still get all excited when I look out the window and can see the conditions looking right.

Mat

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote, superb!

Thanks very much Mat for your kind words!
It was an unsuspected place. I didn't have much expectation for this place but stopped by because we had time to kill on the way from Kona to Volcano Nat'l Park. It turned out the land-/seascape was spectacular. Luckily, I was in a right place at a right time.

Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Morning!

I have to agree Hulyss, much better!

Not having anyone beautiful at hand, I had to settle for some more Northern Lights, really incredible display here last night, best I've seen here.

I've not really got the whole processing thing down yet for aurora, need to work on it a bit.

Mat
Deja Vu! It's always in my dream, a place to visit before I die!
Magnificent!

Pramote

M

mjr

Morning!

Beautiful here this morning, frost and fog, winter is just round the corner, even the swans know it!

Swissblad

We visited the Isle of Mainau on Lake Constance this week, which has a lovely botanical garden: Insel Mainau: Home

I was really impressed by the selection of roses and dahlias.

Last edited:

gurtch

D800e Nikon 14~24mm lens at 14mm. ISO 400, 1/800 sec at f13, monopod. Color version and B&W version done in Silver Efex Pro. Any preference?
Thanks
Dave in NJ

etrigan63

D800e Nikon 14~24mm lens at 14mm. ISO 400, 1/800 sec at f13, monopod. Color version and B&W version done in Silver Efex Pro. Any preference?
Thanks
Dave in NJ
I prefer the B&W version. I found the color version a little over the top for my taste (but that's just me - YMMV)

gurtch

Thanks Carlos. Sometimes I get carried away with trying to make my memory of the time and place look like the final print. I appreciate the considerate ideas here......always positive reinforcement, and helpfull.
Dave

etrigan63

I've taught photography to middle schoolers and getting them to creatively critique their classmates' work is part of my curriculum.

"If you find something you don't like about a photo, say what it is as objectively as possible AND what you would have done differently."

I seriously found the B&W version visually striking and much more appealing than the color version where I found the colors to be a distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.