The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Folks, thank you for the ' likes '.:salute:

A few years ago, someone I knew wanted to train for a climb!!

So we found ourselves a nice place. Nothing fancy..treks, climbs and hikes.
I mostly sat at home looking around.

Once in a while, I would walk a few paces and got tired..and just sat..doing nothing..just watching.

It was a lovely place.

rayyan

Looks very relaxing, Rayyan. I think you made a good choice. ;)
Thanks Lloyd. Yes, very relaxing it was too.

An hours drive and we would come down to the big city to do some shopping..

The fog notwithstanding.

Some walkabout..

or catch some music..

Best to you and yours.

rayyan

It was when I would sit and watch as the sun went down the hills on the other side.

That was magical!!

and when the mountains just lit up...

M

mjr

Evening!

Had an amazing night out watching aurora tonight, spectacular display.

This is a first quick shot, no real post on this so excuse the fact that it looks a bit rough, I was happy to get a bit more context in to the shot with the trees and stream.

Mat

garybrook

The weather was a quite dry and it affected for most, but not all of the tulips for the last week of Floriade 2013 in Canberra, Australia.

D300s, PC-Micro 85mm/2.8D + TC14E-II, 1/400sec@f11, +1 Ev, about 7° tilt with balanced flash 1:1.

I've just started learning more about this lens as I haven't used it much since I bought it during (our) last Winter. Regards,

Gary.

gurtch

Guy: Do you use a pano head that insures rotating around the nodal point, or just wing it? I would like to try a pano, but do not have a special head. Thanks
Dave in NJ

D&A

Nikon D800e Tamron f2.8 VC 24~70 lens at f13, monopod
Dave, there are so many things I love about your image, especially when enlarged. Various textures are everywhere...the dramatic puffy white clouds, the sand, the footprints, the fence, the rounded mounds of sand covered earth and they all are superbly exposed. This is not an easy task based on the wide exposure latitude of the scene. Finally there's the expansiveness of the scene (nature) with the two individuals in the distance illustrating how relatively small we are compared to all of mother nature. Very nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.