The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Dave, there are so many things I love about your image, especially when enlarged. Various textures are everywhere...the dramatic puffy white clouds, the sand, the footprints, the fence, the rounded mounds of sand covered earth and they all are superbly exposed. This is not an easy task based on the wide exposure latitude of the scene. Finally there's the expansiveness of the scene (nature) with the two individuals in the distance illustrating how relatively small we are compared to all of mother nature. Very nicely done!

Dave (D&A)
Thank you Dave; I always value your comments.
Best regards from NJ....
Dave G.

M

mjr

Evening!

Nice description Dave, it's good to read what attracts people to an image. Gurtch, for me, I love the composition but I'm uneasy with the sky for some reason, to my eye it's so striking it takes me away from the rest of the image, I hope that makes sense!

Anyway, here's a little black and white from the other day.

Mat

M

mjr

Morning

We had -9 degrees last night so woke to the first heavy frost of the season. Here's a quick grab from the side of the road as I was off doing other things, I think a frosty morning and the Zeiss 135 f2 are made for each other!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjr

And one from this evening...

The trees are frosting up, river is beginning to freeze, time to dig out the thermals!

M

mjr

Morning!

Just thawing out from a beautiful morning spent down by the river, f'ing cold!

Anyway, here's a shot of the river, stunning at this time of year.

Mat

M

mjr

Beautiful shot Hulyss but why on earth do girls pierce their mouths like that?! God I sound old but seriously, she's beautiful and then has a ball sticking out of her lip, I honestly don't get it! Can you tell her to take it out please, thanks! ;)

Hulyss Bowman

I understand you Mat :)

But I tend to never interfere with the choices of the girls I shoot, simply because it is part of her personality, experience and comfort zone.

I know sometimes it can be disturbing or shocking (depend on what) but the trust come from the fact I accept those little things. I sometimes test it too, it is part of the experiment even though I'm kinda old school myself.

I keep the girls as they are and they give me what I want. This is the most important !

M

mjr

See, that's more like it! Beautiful and beautifully photographed Hulyss, I don't think you can ask for more!

Photojazz

A favorite of mine from yesterday: 28mm 1.4D on D800E:

The weird dark color running behind the background in places is a road down below

Status
Not open for further replies.