The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulyss Bowman

Thank you guys for the kind words :) You know, I don't do that much for this photos, the subjects shine by themselves :)

About this post, someone asked me what sort of mushrooms it is :

Harvest from yesterday :

= Food for today :)

And here is the answer. We can find those mushrooms in northern Europe (where I'm from) as well as North America.

The big one, white and Brown, Is Boletus edulis. In America you might know him as Cep or Penny Bun. This is a very tasty and seeked mushroom for a wild variety of cooking. I prefer the young ones and almost tend to only use the cap on old ones. It could be a sort of waste but, when cooking it, old Ceps tend to be gluey and I do not like that. You can also eat it fresh, without cooking. Such mushrooms should not be washed, just brushed. The most common place to find it is forests of Fagus sylvatica mixed with Picea abies and Abies alba.

The Yellow one is Cantharellus cibarius, aka golden chanterelle. You might find it in north US too. Also, a delicious mushroom with slight peach flavour and odour with a very firm flesh. Once brushed (I use an old Lens Pen) it can go direct for cooking. You can find it in the same place as the Ceps but they like acidity so always look around blueberry soils.

The above recipe is quite simple. You need Ceps, Golden Chanterelle, flat beans, Red kuri squash, garlic, shallot and a fresh lamb's liver.

Work on the Red kuri squash (or pumpkin), and cut it in thin quarters. Put that in hot water for 15 minutes with two small spoon of sea salt. Do exactly the same with flat beans but put some olive oil (generous) in the water.

Cut the shallots and garlic, very thin and throw it in the pan with some butter mixed with olive oil (you can also use duck fat). Once golden, had the mushrooms (you can cut them but I only cut the Ceps).

In the same time, roast the Lamb's liver with some butter. You might had some spices of your choice, I personally use paprika.

Reserve the mushrooms and liver.

After 15 minutes of cooking, take off the beans and the squash and put them in very cold water (it fix the colour as well as the texture).

Now its time to set up the plate as you like. Put the plate in the furnace for one minute, grill position and you are ready for the dinner.

A simple 5$ Bordeaux or Californian equivalent will do the job ;)

Hope you enjoyed the read, as it is not really photo orientated but all is relative !

Photojazz

That's 2 beautful landscapes in a row... ;) You know what I mean.

Sometimes, things just work out in spite of the sun, or because of it... Heliopan polarizer on 28mm 1.4d/D800E

Photojazz

I love to get a nice curvey road with the mountains and a little color. Road from Clingman's Dome back down to Newfound Gap, GSMNP. One of my favorite stretches of road on the Earth. Ok, the Earth I have seen. lol. ok, the color was past it's prime here, but it's still ok.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

more stalagmites trying to reach something

©lick for native size (4.2 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.