The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photojazz

I shot this in Monochrome mode with D3X. I swear it loaded them in monochrome, and as soon as I rotated the image, then they were in color again. Seemed strange. Anyway, I went back to black and white in Silver Efex Pro II for this shot. Since that was what I intended to begin with... 58mm 1.2 Noct/D3X

etrigan63

If you're shooting RAW, that will happen. Shoot RAW+JPEG and the JPEG will be monochrome and the RAW will be in color.

Photojazz

Thanks, I always shoot raw. There's no other option as far as I am concerned. I know I saw it as BW at first though, that was what was weird. I was just playing, I know I can convert to bW anyway. It's good to play around and see what it does.

Lloyd

Those are stunning images, Pierrard. My only issue is the odd vignetting in the sky of the color version. Very nicely done.

Pierrard

Those are stunning images, Pierrard. My only issue is the odd vignetting in the sky of the color version. Very nicely done.
Many thanks Lloyd! The odd vignetting may be a result of doing the wide angle stitch into the light of the sunset, but I'm not entirely sure.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A friend of mine turned 60 yesterday. I took the D700 to the party. All photos with D700 with 85mm f/1.8 AF @ f/2.0 and ISO 6400.

Y Sol

nice Pictures, but I'm sorry, that I can't help telling that this chair is an unlegal copy of this Danish designed and produced chair designed by architect Hans Wegner:

Frontpage - Carl Hansen & Søn

take a look at the video and see and feel the difference..

thorkil
Yes, I know Thorkil! You can find these copies everywhere in Asia.
I'm a big fan of Danish design. As a child my father took me to the SAS hotel
in Copenhagen in the 1970's, it had a big influence on me. :)

Thorkil

Yes, I know Thorkil! You can find these copies everywhere in Asia.
I'm a big fan of Danish design. As a child my father took me to the SAS hotel
in Copenhagen in the 1970's, it had a big influence on me. :)
:), yes I can imagine, and it's hard to do anything about it of course.
Yes the hotel of Arne Jacobsen, who also made some nice furniture.
In my childhood they were everywhere, the Danish furniture, so it seemed to be rather booring. But now where I'm more “grown up”(60+), I can better appreciate the shapes, the thoughts and the splendid craftsmanship. Things changes along with oneself. And even things that one previously took for granted, returns to one in a new way and quality often then seems to grow upon one in a stronger way.

thorkil

M

mjr

Afternoon!

This might sound a bit odd as it's not a very exciting photograph but this is one of the best pictures I have taken. This morning in the forest behind my house, the Zeiss 135 wide open, it looks exactly how it felt to be standing there in the fog amongst frosty trees and snow.

M

mjr

Hulyss, that's a stunning photograph, poor girl! I need more beautiful people in my life, I'd love to try portraits, I only ever have landscapes!

Mat

Photojazz

Pierrard actually, I meant the dark uneven hues, at top, maybe it was natural lighting, if so, carry on... That's all I thought looked a bit out of place. Maybe it had something to do with it being a 12 image stitch, I just read that... wow. that's big.

Hulyss Bowman

I was in Greenland yesterday and I was digging for my igloo when I suddenly found a strange plane with a frozen guy in it. Well... I gave him some soup and he was ok for a photo. He said that his name is Steve Rogers ... anyone know him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.