The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
D800E and Nikon 200/4 Micro... on an Arca Cube, with a rail, using the on-camera flash for fill @ -1.5EV. (It was an afterthought as I was doing side-by-side comparisons of the 58G and 50/1.4G.)

Hulyss Bowman

- Orbital Error -

One summer, one project for the visual of a little rock band. The idea was to reproduce a space crash and it was VERY hard for 1/4500 of a second. Moved hundreds of kg of soil, tone of steel, lost an incredible amount of body weight (22kg between April and October). All this for a photo ... I might have a team with me next time lol. Call it "dedication".

The story is described in this slide-show, color is fun, b&w is work. Used the D700 and 50f1.2 for it. Have fun :)

ORBITAL ERROR

M

mjr

Evening!

Tonight saw a little experiment that didn't go exactly to plan. Last week I bought a Giga T Pro 2 remote thingy ( could be great but is actually crap as it keeps turning itself off after 30 seconds!) for the D800 and have been messing about with it, the sky was clear tonight so decided to try some star trails, not ideal as moon was fairly bright. Settled on 20 minute shots stacked first, only got 2 before an aurora started up so I stopped it, guessing it would affect the exposure, here's the result..

I quite liked it and should have carried on with more 20 minute shots, instead I decided to reduce to 10 minute shots as the moon was getting brighter, this is a stack of 10 x 10 minute shots at ISO 100 and wide open on the Zeiss 21mm, I quite like this too but a band of cloud rolled in.

Anyway, there's tonights experiment, I trekked back and forward up that bloody hill for the last couple of hours, luckily it's just behind the house so i could pop back for a warm drink as it's around -10 tonight.

Cheers

Mat

stngoldberg

Nikon D800E
Photo of Maleek Washington, a dancer with the Kyle Alexander hip hop ballet company taken at Jacobs Pillow in Becket, Massachusetts
Stanley

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning!

Spent another evening out looking at aurora, nice one but the moon was very bright, helped with the foreground a lot though!

Have a good weekend all.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.