The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Hi Keith....
ha, ha, new Investments or what....;).. (nice! and the Pictures too)
let me be frank, I'm divided in 3 parts, while I'm longing on either the rangefinder feeling, or just, just seeing what you get, through the mirror, without gambling on focus-guessing.
So one part is for the Oly E-M1, which I would think will just do what I want, and fast, without being so bulky, perhaps too fast. The other part is for the D610, while Nikon for my part has always been so effective (but perhaps too effective and perhaps a Little dull tones) and then worst and third part, involving total bankrupsy...the M240...but then perhaps one more lens than the four etc....because the rangefinder forces me to be more careful than my "natural born" lazy mind normally would allow me to be....(but age and glasses will it Work with the rangefinder)
(But not that I will leave the GR)
Is the D600 then a sort of conclusion for your part?
thorkil

Thorkil

very nice, ceh, with nice front and back-focus!, and a nice walk!
You left the D610 downhill I can see, and with no regrettings (more difficult, more steady hands, and mind??)
best
thorkil

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith....
ha, ha, new Investments or what....;).. (nice! and the Pictures too)
Is the D600 then a sort of conclusion for your part?
thorkil

Thanks for noticing, Thorkil :)

No conclusion - just another part of the tool kit. This is my first full frame digital. Like many here (and yourself?) I seem to be equally as intrigued by the camera as the image it takes. I vowed my camera collecting pursuits would not extend from film to digital, but its not turning out that way.
Still using m4/3, Pentax, Nex, Alpha, Ricoh and yes, Samsung.
Now there is something about a Nikon F5 that keeps floating into my brain - might come next :wtf:Film is still very important to me.

And, basically, I'm just following you around these forums - so I know you understand!

Keith

Thorkil

Nice to hear (and know), Keith !! :angel:
I'm just perhaps a litle more modest than you, kitwise I think :toocool:
(but not counting all the small camera's in the shelf)
just the GR, a K-30, K-5II, a swc and M6 (both untouched for several years now). Yesterday I was about in some minutes of insanity to buy a R19/2.8II and then later a A7R, after seeing the Picture in the A7R forum with that lens. But thanks god, I didn't. I have to be, in a certain degree reasonable, economically seen...and for two days back I was about buying a M240…hhmm. But instead I bought, okay for about a month ago, a MGB, a tiny British sports car from 74, cheap, so I can, at least in the summertime, spring and autumn, hurry out and drive up along the coastline with steady wind in the hairremainings, when I'm driven mad by considerations of buying new camera's. That might be a relief...and a very wise decition (ahemmm....)
But yes, a D610 might be a reasonable solution, effective (and might be good too), even though perhaps not an eye-opener perhaps, but never the less.
And then the E-M1, more sparkling, perhaps.....smaller, and stabilisation might compensate for lack of high iso.....(the M240 will remain as a dream….I think)
hhmmm...(quickly hands in the pocket, the curser can suddenly be a dangerous tool)(awaiting MGB-spring-time)
Instead of a F5, I could/should just use the M6 or the swc..
Meanwhile you can pratice the D600!

thorkil
PS, but the D600 might be a camera that is so easy to use, so one has to take care, and beware of considerations, so that efficiency is not to be confused with boredom, while thats the danger, I think(as I experienced with the D3). One has to respect it as an effective Tool, and take care of creativity, where a Leica/rangefinder has a sort of builded-in awarenes in that area

Last edited:
M

mjr

Evening!

I've ad depressingly little time for photography over the last couple of weeks so here's a quick shot from the garden. Should have had my 200 f2 today but stuck with DHL until Monday! Crap!

For some reason this looks really crunchy on the web, it isn't as a tiff!

ceh

very nice, ceh, with nice front and back-focus!, and a nice walk!
You left the D610 downhill I can see, and with no regrettings (more difficult, more steady hands, and mind??)
best
thorkil
I used to have D600 camera.
D800E is more demanding if concerned the firm hand.
24-120/4VR (lens) is of worse quality at D800E than 24-85VR at D600..
Actually, I took it (24-120) out for walking trip just to check its behaviour as I will use it in my skialp trips where I need to save every gram in the rucksack and cannot take many lens with me.
:)

RVB

D800E with 70-200vr11 @200mm,f4.. a candid shot of a rising sun.. (On my screen it's showing banding,but there's none in the full size jpeg. )

M

mjr

Evening

Here's a b&w shot from this morning, I had to make do with my full colour D800!

Sharp enough for me, the issues are more likely composition, something a monochrome camera can't help me with!

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.