The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Stan, I have real mixed emotions with your images. On the one hand, photographically I find them fantastic, the girl in Dubai shot I absolutely love! There are lots where I can really appreciate the photographic process.

On the other hand, a lot of the time I find tits and *** just a little to low rent, I personally don't find it "sexy" or desirable even, it's just a bit too dodgy website for me. I actually find when a lot less is revealed they are far sexier, I guess I prefer these shots to be a little more suggestive than blatant. Sexy shots have to appeal mentally rather than just visually for me.

No offence intended, you have your market and I'm not it, nothing wrong with that. So whilst being not keen on the portrayal of the subject in a lot of cases, I wanted to say I love the photography, if that makes sense!

Mat
One of the most beautiful forms known to man is the female body.
I never tire of it.
Thanks Stan.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday on our Yosemite workshop, a quick take on possibly the most iconic shot from Yosemite, "Valley View," this one at Sunset. D800E, 24PCE, f7.1, 6-stop ND and about 5 seconds. The light was changing so rapidly, we all took several captures over about 20 minutes of Sunset glow on El Capitan:

But...

I was not happy with cut-off reflection of El Cap in the water, and took a shot angled down a bit more to include it. This cut the sky and most of the cloud in the upper left out, and I didn't like that either. But both frames were taken within a few minutes of each other, so I stitched, blended and cropped them to 3:4 in CS. Same top image as above, bottom frame was about 2 minutes later:

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I've had a couple of days planning a shot from a great location just down the road, a lovely row of trees with a barrier in front.

I'm waiting for the sun to make an appearance, I missed it today as I was buggering about and it slipped behind clouds as i was setting up! Regardless, I really like this as a recce shot, nice feel to it.

Lloyd

Very nice, Kapil. That 20/2.8 is one of my all-time favorite Nikon lenses, and your image reminds me of why.

leif e

Either here or at the film forum I have complained about this winter´s quality (wet, warm and so on). Well, some one got their act together - finally!
Nothing much, the images, the skier with a camera was maybe a bit tired? And why no people? There were none. But silence? Oh yes! :)
D700, 3,5/20mm UD (old thing).

bensonga

Traded my first D800e in for a Pentax 645D last year. When I bought a Zeiss ZF.2 100 Makro-Planar from a friend last October, I knew it was going to cost me more in the long run....because I would want another D800 to make the most of this fine lens.

I finally gave in to the inevitable earlier this week. :)

First shots with my second D800e and the 100 MP.

Gary

The Glacier Wind

Ship Creek Small Boat Harbor Pilings with Mount Susitna on the horizon

Rope on piling at Ship Creek Harbor

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I've found myself photographing more mature ladies recently, it's great!

This morning I had a shoot with a lovely Swedish woman, Stina, it was -18 so still a little chilly but as it has been below -30 for the last couple of weeks it felt positively balmy!

This Nikkor 200 f2 is just the perfect portrait lens. Here's another

Pierrard

From a recent hike out to Cabin Point, through the East Sooke Becher Bay trails, near Victoria, BC - it was both sunny and foggy, which was wonderful for the opportunities!

All panoramas rendered in Photoshop CS2 including curves/adjustments, with Silver FX for B&W conversion.

8-image panorama, Nikon 50/1.8D on D90, 1/2sec at f/16.

8-image panorama, Nikon 50/1.8D on D90, 1/15sec at f/11.

9-image panorama, Nikon 50/1.8D on D90, 1/10sec at f/16.

6-image panorama, Nikon 50/1.8D on D90, 1/40sec at f/16.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.