The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Evening

I'm working on a series of shots for a client who is very specific with the look they want. I'm waiting for the light to be just right but I quite liked this from today.

M

mjr

Morning

Well I got the shot I was hoping for, client is very happy. Brief was to show the power grid here, as Sweden is famous for its renewable resources, this spot at the river is great. Combining the river used for hydro, the weather driven by the wind for the wind turbines and the sunlight for the solar with the central pylons and power lines sort of brings all the elements together.

Very happy that this is being printed 2m wide for permanent display at the head offices.

Pierrard

In keeping with the blue/gold tones of Hulyss' intriguing image, here's a shot I did as a desktop background:

A little copper wire tree in front of my computer monitor.
I found the tree at a thrift shop, this is the second shot I'm happy with of it.

Nikon D90, 105/2.5 AIS, 2sec at f/22 for depth of field. 8-image stitch.
3-light setup involving desk lamps and a flashlight.
Photoshop CS3 with some Silver FX thrown in there.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon!

I'm getting in to flash photography after buying a new B1, had a few days messing about and today had a shoot I've been planning with a local guy. I'm photographing some of the real characters I have met since being in Sweden and this is Alf, a really funny guy who owns a little bicycle repair shop.

And a more traditional portrait shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.