The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

viablex1

Thanks LLoyd IR is tricky it is really all about light but I'll be damned if I actually understand the best conditions, I shot the same tree in different light and nothing came out. Plus the glow of IR film cant simply be replicated by guassian blur etc lots of processing

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I've been shooting hydo power stations for a client this week, I like how this came out.

thedruid

We've had some interesting skies the past few days as Spring tries to take a foothold in the Northeast. Along the Charles river Esplanade in Boston a relatively calm evening. Nikon D4 with 18-35mm G @35mm.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Here's a quick shot from down at the river as I was passing, we have really odd weather at the moment, bright blue skies and then suddenly heavy snow clouds roll in and we get a mini blizzard!

rayyan

But was it taken with a camera made lovingly with sanding and milling and hand polishing?, asked the voice. For 45 minutes, it added proudly.

In the 21st century, I asked!!:eek:

Is it really the 21st century?, asked the voiced; perplexed.

M

mjr

Afternoon

We've had fantastic weather here for the last couple of weeks, this morning though it was grey and overcast with light rain, perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

gurtch

Has not been a nice spring here. When we get some sun, it seems we soon lose it and we get more rain. Today (Mother's Day in USA) was a nice day here on LBI (Long Beach Island, NJ). D800E 24~70 f2.8 Tamron VC.

Pierrard

Further experimentation with long exposure photography in daylight:

Nikon D90 + Nikon 50/1.8D at f/16, 100sec
9 images stitched from stacked exposures of 20-30 seconds each (different exposures for sky and water).
Total duration to capture this image: 25 minutes.
Stitched in Photoshop CS2 and processed in Photoshop and Silver FX.

This bridge is currently undergoing deconstruction/reconstruction in its new form, which can be seen by the cranes in the background (one moving and one stationary).

Nikon D90 + Tokina 11-16/2.8, 14mm at f/8, 120sec
4 images stitched from 4 stacked exposures of 30sec each.
Stitched in Photoshop CS2 and processed in Photoshop and Silver FX.

This one was taken as the light was beginning to fade, so it's not a true daylight exposure, but I'm quite happy with the result anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.