The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

fabulous MIF capture, Mark :thumbup: (Moths In Flight)

(for some reason the spider picture doesn't show)

is it the Sigma 150mm macro ?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

trying out the new Nikon Capture NX-D beta version 0.9.2

the resulting rendering is ok with me

©lick for native size

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Nikon Capture NX-D beta version 0.9.2

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

trying out the new Nikon Capture NX-D beta version 0.9.2

the resulting rendering is ok with me

©lick for native size

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Nikon Capture NX-D beta version 0.9.2
Nikon NX-D is perfect - at least for Nikon RAWs!

Unfortunately I have some other cameras as well .....

Peter

M

mjr

Evening

I hope a nice weekend has been enjoyed by all.

Here's a woefully inadequate cleaning trolly, I like the feebleness of it hidden in the corner amongst huge machinery.

Mark K

fabulous MIF capture, Mark :thumbup: (Moths In Flight)

(for some reason the spider picture doesn't show)

is it the Sigma 150mm macro ?
Thanks
Shooting MIF turned out to be more difficult than I thought.
Got around 1.5K shot in about two hours time but most were not satisfactory.
Using Sigma 150 macro should have given me better result, though my fellow shooters got very good one from 80-400 AFS. One thing I noticed is the persistent overexposure and lack of ISO control...while I set my aperture to 8 and shutter speed to 1/1000. While underwater, we deliberately use flash combing the fastest possible syn speed and smallest aperture plus lowest possible base ISO to achieve better images.

M

mjr

Evening

Lovely day here in the North today, I stopped at a bridge over the river to take a quick shot of the forest, as I walked back to the centre of the bridge a flock of swifts I think flew down and started feeding in front of me, managed to grab a shot before they flew off again, shame I didn't have time to up the shutter speed and freeze the flight. Not a great image but i like it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.