The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

seems like the economy has recovered

so now the madness can start over again :shocked:

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Godfrey

You folks are inspiring me. I've loaded a roll of XP2 Super film into the F6 and have it, 28 and 50 mm lenses in a bag ready to go for a walk now.

G

chrism

I don't know about the rules for posting photographs taken with another kind of camera, but I think this one will be allowed - it was even taken with a Nikkor 300mm/f9 lens!

Nikons by chrism229, on Flickr
(Chamonix 10x8, Kenthene glossy paper negative)

Chris

Godfrey

Ok, some quick shots from Saturday's walk with the Nikon F6.

No great art, but I've confirmed that the F6 and my lenses are working well...

Nikon F6 + Nikkor 28mm f/2 AI

Nikon F6 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S

Nikon F6 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S + TC-16A AF Telextender

Mostly near wide open, Ilford XP2 Super. Scanned with a Nikon Coolscan V.

Notes:
- I find that the TC-16A AF teleconverter works ok, focus is best if I'm stopped down to f/2-2.8 on the 50mm lens. I'm certain from testing that I can focus the 50/1.2 more accurately with manual focusing when wide open. I'll likely not use it much, but it's kinda fun to have around.

- I've ordered a Nikon 35/2 AF-D lens, just to have one native AF lens that I can also use on the F, but I may well send it back since the 28mm and the 50mm are so easy to focus anyway. I do prefer manual focus most of the time; AF is a nice convenience.​

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the camera. Just have to get used to its bulk and weight. Can't say that I would really enjoy carrying something this large and heavy very often anymore, but the Nikon F6 is a magnificent piece of machinery. Such smooth operation, excellent controls, wonderful feel, etc.

enjoy!
G

Hulyss Bowman

Hello Ricardo,

I use C1pro8 but those shoots aren't processed. Most of the processing is done on stage with camera settings and this is kind of intuitive (and change constantly).

For example on this session (not allowed yet to post more) it was overcast so most outdoor shots are at WB 5000K, matrix or spot (depending of the subject), indoor shoots on AWB, red eyes processed in camera directly on the raw... and this will change on the next session.

But most of the time it is intuitive, to render the best out of a situation.

raist3d

OK, sort of got it. I am not necessarily expecting a big processing. C1Pro8 makes sense.
Question: this a FF Nikon camera I guess?

Update: nm, saw the exif (answer is yes).

- Ricardo

raist3d

Godfrey- I like the first shot of the three. A sequence/documentary of someone or the place they are in would work good with that shot.

- Ricardo

chrism

Last night I soldered a power supply and a potentiometer to the motorised Rondinax and tonight I wanted to try it with a colour film. Having no one else home, sat myself in front of the F6 and guessed the focus (rather badly). The Superia 400 came out of the machine quite nicely though:

Self-portrait by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Swissblad

Hi Chris

Seems you would have liked our old Jobo developing machine - I remember the joy of developing E6.... ;)

Quality was excellent though - better than commercial labs - and I could rally fine tune exposure & developing.

Cheers, S

Status
Not open for further replies.