The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism

Hi Chris

Seems you would have liked our old Jobo developing machine - I remember the joy of developing E6.... ;)

Quality was excellent though - better than commercial labs - and I could rally fine tune exposure & developing.

Cheers, S
Oh, I hear you, but I really can't justify the expense of chasing after old Jobo parts or buying one of the new ones that are priced to ensure failure - but I can see the attraction. Where there is a fixed recipe for developing a film, such as C-41 or E6, I see no dishonour in automating the process, and there is a lot of fun in cobbling together a homemade system that combines convenience with individuality. Where there is room for experiment, and there are many different roads to the best result, as with B&W, it seems to me to be both cheating and restrictive to stick to one pre-programmed technique. I'll carry on using various tanks and chemicals for B&W!

Swissblad

Oh, I hear you, but I really can't justify the expense of chasing after old Jobo parts or buying one of the new ones that are priced to ensure failure - but I can see the attraction. Where there is a fixed recipe for developing a film, such as C-41 or E6, I see no dishonour in automating the process, and there is a lot of fun in cobbling together a homemade system that combines convenience with individuality. Where there is room for experiment, and there are many different roads to the best result, as with B&W, it seems to me to be both cheating and restrictive to stick to one pre-programmed technique. I'll carry on using various tanks and chemicals for B&W!
If you stayed closer - I would have given it for free.... needed to clear the cellar.
B&W was great fun - different developers - different grain patterns... a different time and age...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.