The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Thanks for the likes ... Two more then I'd better work on other stuff. :)

both: Nikon F6 + 180mm f/2.8 AF ED-IF
Rollei-Afga Superpan 200

enjoy,
G

JohnBrew

Finally some rain!

We are sweltering under nasty heat here at the beach. Sunday evening we got almost 2"of much-needed rain.
D810, Zeiss 55 1.4 @ 1.4. Sorry about the poor JPEG resolution. The full rez image is quite detailed :eek:.

Last edited:

Godfrey

I acquired a Rondix this week - a tank with no film reel. It works with my monobath and today I put some Fuji Superia through it:

Pansies 4 by chrism229, on Flickr
F6, 28-300mm, Unicolor presskit, LS9000ED scan.

Chris
Just spied this... Color processing in a Rondix 35 ... That's the one I once had! They seem very hard to find nowadays.
Never thought you could do color processing in one. What monobath are you using?

Nice photo!

G

chrism

Better get back to eBay and trade one of your Rondinaxes for a Rondix! I wanted to find out if the Rondix would work for C-41 and it seems to work just fine. The monobath I referred to is Donald Qualls' recipe, using HC-110 US concentrate, Ilford Rapid Fixer, household ammonia (must be 5%) and water. It's the same recipe used by New55 for their R3 monobath.

Chris

Godfrey

Better get back to eBay and trade one of your Rondinaxes for a Rondix! I wanted to find out if the Rondix would work for C-41 and it seems to work just fine. The monobath I referred to is Donald Qualls' recipe, using HC-110 US concentrate, Ilford Rapid Fixer, household ammonia (must be 5%) and water. It's the same recipe used by New55 for their R3 monobath.
Using a Google search, I found one for sale on Craigslist in the Reno, NV area. Just talked to the gent selling it. He wanted a fair*and reasonable price, given how much the Rondix*tanks are going for, so I sent him the money via paypal. It's on the way here tomorrow. :)

If you get a moment, I'd appreciate seeing your recipe ... I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't find it just at the moment.

thx!
G

edit:
Ah, found it on RFF in the Nikon F6 thread ... but do post it here if you care to. thx again! G

chrism

I have gone back to using the monobath as a single shot. I did make a litre and got eight films done, but my second litre was a disaster. I don't know what happened. 200ml does a Rondinax or Rondix:

12.5ml HC-110 US Concentrate
8ml Ilford Rapid Fixer
39ml 5% ammonia
140ml water

Mix well and warm to 75-80ºF. Fill lower half of Rondinax/Rondix, set film in place put lid on and wind the film into the solution, use the guillotine in the Rondinax and start the timer. Develop for six minutes, wash and dry. The amounts scale well for other tanks, but beware surge marks from sprocket holes.

The ammonia I use is 'Old Country' Household cleaner. It has no perfumes or other ingredients beyond amm.hydrox. The maker says it is 5%, but my hydrometer and pH strips say it's closer to 9%. I dilute it half and half before use.

Results vary with film used. Pan F needs to be exposed at ISO25, Acros 100 is fantastic at box speed, Plus-X, Tri-X, Neopan 400, FP4, HP4 and Adox CHS25 have all emerged OK. There is a Flickr group devoted to monobaths at:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/monobath/pool/
You'll see some examples of excessive striped surge marks there. I believe New55 are taking the line that these are not bromide drag, but caused by turbulence pouring in the solution and/or temperature variations. I don't believe the latter at all. Their best advice for a conventional tank is to warm and fill the tank, then immerse the loaded film reel into it (obviously, in the dark). They still say no agitation, but Qualls himself agitated the first minute and then said it didn't matter after that. No matter, if you use a Rondinax/Rondix you will be winding away the whole six minutes anyway!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.