The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

Very nice; great subject. I wonder what it would look like with a 10-stop ND filter?
Shot was taken from a moving boat; had to jack up the ISO to 1,000 in order to get the shutter speed high enough to mask the motion. The Nikon 24-70 doesn't have VR.
Stanley

JohnBrew

Testing the 70-200 f4

D810. First one was testing for flare - well done, Nikon! Second - just a bw conversion. Third - a very obliging egret!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Re: Testing the 70-200 f4

D810. First one was testing for flare - well done, Nikon! Second - just a bw conversion. Third - a very obliging egret!
I have my eyes set on that lens. The 180mm f/2.8 AF can't seem to resolve 36MP well when focused to infinity, and the 80-200 AF-S is too heavy for some of my travel. Please keep posting :)

JohnBrew

Thank you, Jorgen. I must apologize for the jpeg rendering. The lens is quite sharp so I feel you can order one without any qualms.

I must add that it is light and very responsive to the AF since it doesn't have to move the weight of the 2.8 glass. You really don't need a tripod mount. I know, I know, shoot with a tripod. However, today I was lazy and left the tripod in the trunk of my car but I don't feel the images have suffered one bit. The VR works great and it is easier to shoot hand held than my Otus.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Jorgen. I must apologize for the jpeg rendering. The lens is quite sharp so I feel you can order one without any qualms.

I must add that it is light and very responsive to the AF since it doesn't have to move the weight of the 2.8 glass. You really don't need a tripod mount. I know, I know, shoot with a tripod. However, today I was lazy and left the tripod in the trunk of my car but I don't feel the images have suffered one bit. The VR works great and it is easier to shoot hand held than my Otus.
This is typically a lens I would use without a tripod, so probably won't buy one. When I have room for a tripod, I mostly have room for the bigger lens as well. I don't have any qualms ordering it. My poor, beaten up wallet seems to have though :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.