The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

Tough day in the surf

As some of you may know we have started tropical-like rains due to a stalled front. It's been raining hard since a bit after noon time and I've already recorded over 4". We are supposed to have three more days of this as the hurricane passes off shore. The flooding will most likely be widespread.
I caught this guy and then as he passed me (I was on the pier) I heard a loud snap.
D810, 300 f4 @ f8, ISO 1250, 1/1000 sec.

Last edited:

Swissblad

Chance observation made while photographing the super moon this week.....

Migrating raptors on their way back down south.

Have a good WE, folks.

:thumbup:

Swissblad

Our lovely lass is growing quite grey.....

Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 AFS VRII

With children and pets you notice how quickly time passes!

:shocked:

JohnBrew

Playing with the 70-200 f4

Out on the beach today after all the rain. I discovered the focus of this lens needed some adjustment with the AF fine tune and added a +2. This image was shot before the adjustment but focus doesn't really matter with this image. BTW, this guy apparently doesn't realize the tide is coming in!

JohnBrew

A little humor...

D800, Zeiss 55 1.4

"Hello? Yes, I've got his camera and I've put his body where the tide will carry it out to sea."

tashley

Subscriber Member
I have had very little use from my D810 since my A7RII arrived but because of its particular talents I am keeping it. Today I took it for a nice Autumnal stroll with the Sigma 50 Art and I have to say, I had forgotten how much arse it kicks!

JohnBrew

70-200 f4 example of sharpness

I spent some time the other afternoon "dialing in" this lens with the AF fine tune. I ended up with a +2 adjustment.
See what you think. D810 @f6.3, ISO 800, 1/3200 sec.

While taken some commercial stuff, I saw this building in Coconut Grove, kind of out of place and forgotten in time. The building is the Virrick Park Branch Library. Nikon D800 24-85mm.

Swissblad

I have had very little use from my D810 since my A7RII arrived but because of its particular talents I am keeping it. Today I took it for a nice Autumnal stroll with the Sigma 50 Art and I have to say, I had forgotten how much arse it kicks!

Welcome back to the Nikon fold, Tim.

Stunning set of images!

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.