The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

So that's what they look like now! I raced enduro karts from 1967-1979. For the most part they were all air-cooled engines.
What? No safety wire on the fuel lines?

Harry

So that's what they look like now! I raced enduro karts from 1967-1979. For the most part they were all air-cooled engines.
What? No safety wire on the fuel lines?
Hi John.

That's a 125cc ICC international spec motor 48 hp+. A real neck bender

JoelM

I'm very familiar with that motor. I have had 2 TM Racing dirt bikes and race 125 and 250cc GP bikes. Those motors are special, but not quite 48hp, that's optimistic, at least at the wheels, but they are nice.
As for safety wire, we never used it on our fuel lines. Fuel is gravity fed and there is no pressure to speak of, though a clip is often used. Actually, that one looks like it might have a little fuel pump, though, the pressure should be small. Though if true, then I agree with you that there should be a clamp or safety wire :)

Looks like good fun,

Joel

Last edited:

JohnBrew

Safety wire relates to just that - safety. It is quite easy for an un-wired line to come off in a shunt or good ol' barrel roll. Fires are one thing you don't want to mess with - especially when you run methanol (which we all did)!

Sorry for the off-topic. Here's an image from several weeks ago:

MalcolmP

Hi.
Occasionally post in Pentax forum but found myself away over Xmas without my camera so I nabbed my other half's D800 with 24-120. Just for giggles trying to show a few basic lighting effects to our hosts who have aquired some studio lights.
Quite enjoyed using her camera, dammit ;)
Looking at the new Nikon releases D500 & D5 with a sense of surrogate pride (I do hope she gets one of them,D500 I think)
Regards
Malcolm.

Attachments

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This is bordering to OT, but it's taken with the D810/24-120mm and there's a Nikkor lens in the photo. It's my new backup camera for whenever I don't want to carry two real camera bodies plus for video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.