The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This is not my usual ... blame this on Barry Haines and the Medrol dose pack I started today ... could be a long couple of nights ... :ROTFL:

Nikon D810 Nikon 50 F 1.2

Kinda blue ....

Bob

Lloyd

This is not my usual ... blame this on Barry Haines and the Medrol dose pack I started today ... could be a long couple of nights ... :ROTFL:

Nikon D810 Nikon 50 F 1.2

Kinda blue ....

Bob
Love this Bob. And I think the blue makes it!

dwood

'heritage' - D810 / Nikkor 70-200/f4

In Maine, lobster fishing is not only a job, it's a way of life for those who hear the call of the sea. Most often handed down from father to son, (and more and more daughters) lobstering is a family business that spans generations. In this picture, the father works on his lobster boat at low tide while his young son looks for treasures below the pier. When the son gets a bit older, he'll begin his apprenticeship. Then one day, when the time is right, he'll likely take over and the whole process will begin again. I feel lucky to have been in the right place at the right time to capture this particular scene.

gurtch

What a difference a year makes: Tomorrow (Jan 15) I am playing golf. It is predicted to be 51 degrees and light 10 mph winds, (we live on the southern NJ coast). This time last year the bay was frozen, and there was snow on the ground. Our hot & cold water pipes froze inside our home. Here is a picture I took this time last year. On cold, crisp winter days, airplane jet trails can be spectacular as the sun sets! Enjoy!
Dave in NJ
D800E, 24~70mm f2.8 Tamron VC lens. I just made a 20"x30" print of this, and I am very pleased with this lens.D700 framed.jpg

MikalWGrass

Sirena Williams graciously allowed me to get a close up of her today. Wasn't able to choose the lens had the 70-200mm lens on the Nikon 810; just had to go with it

Stanley

Stanley, no apologies re the lens are necessary. The best lens and camera are the ones you have handy. If all you had were the 810 and 70-200/2.8, that was the best kit for the job.

Years ago, when my sister graduated from law school, the keynote speaker (an appeals court judge from one of the federal districts in NY) gave the parents a word of advice, which was to "always bring a polaroid camera" to supplement the fancy camera that they usually bring. He told the parents that too many times the parents missed the shots because they were too excited and forgot to remove the lens cap.

stngoldberg

Re: Fun with Nikon Imag

Stanley, no apologies re the lens are necessary. The best lens and camera are the ones you have handy. If all you had were the 810 and 70-200/2.8, that was the best kit for the job.

Years ago, when my sister graduated from law school, the keynote speaker (an appeals court judge from one of the federal districts in NY) gave the parents a word of advice, which was to "always bring a polaroid camera" to supplement the fancy camera that they usually bring. He told the parents that too many times the parents missed the shots because they were too excited and forgot to remove the lens cap.
Here is one more of Sirena smiling. I'm hoping to have her autograph several of my shots in order to auction them for a local charity. Her press person indicated that she would be willing to do this when she returns from the Austrailan Open.
StanleyView attachment 115894

JoelM

Re: Fun with Nikon Imag

Here is one more of Sirena smiling. I'm hoping to have her autograph several of my shots in order to auction them for a local charity. Her press person indicated that she would be willing to do this when she returns from the Austrailan Open.
Stanley
Very nice and a great opportunity. Just FYI, she spells her name "Serena".

Cheers,

Joel

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Strictly speaking, I'm not always sure why I bother discussing new cameras and stuff. What I have works quite well most of the time, and I'd hate to sell my low mileage D700 for the pocket change I would get for it nowadays.

D700 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

Swissblad

Hi Jørgen, have to agree - our equipment is way better than what we really need - care in point - the D700 - a camera that still produces images that really shine - especially if process with C1.

But then again - GAS is such fun as well.... ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One thing I like with the D700 (and some of the other "older" camera bodies) is its somewhat "gritty" image quality compared to the D810. To me, that makes it a better camera for some kinds of photography. It's simply a bit more "filmic".

D700 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4

JohnBrew

Jorgen, I agree. I really have an affinity for my D700 images. Not to start another one of "those" wars, but do you think it might be due to the CCD sensor?
So here's one from this morning. D810, 70-200 f4 @f11.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, I agree. I really have an affinity for my D700 images. Not to start another one of "those" wars, but do you think it might be due to the CCD sensor?
So here's one from this morning. D810, 70-200 f4 @f11.
Funny that you mention CCD, John. The D700 actually has a CMOS sensor, but I agree that the "look" is very close to that of CCD sensors (as opposed to the D300, at least in my view). I've even been thinking about buying a D80 or D200 because I miss the CCD look for some of my work. Those cameras are dirt cheap nowadays, and I even have a vertical grip for the D80, after I literally loved the one I had to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.