The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks friends for the ' likes '. Grateful to you all.:salute:

Dead person's body is prepared and washed in the river water. Taken to the pyre. Fire is lit. The body burns. The ashes are pushed in the river.
The pyre is washed and ready for the next body.

A Funeral Pyre.

rayyan

Folks, you have been very generous to me. Ayesha and I am really grateful to you lovely people here..:salute:

dwood

'island tide' - D810 / Zeiss Otus 28

No, I don't own the Otus but I had the opportunity to play with one this weekend. It's pretty good.

Swissblad

Some macro fun with the new D500

All images with Nikon D500, Tamron 90mm macro f2.8, Mafrotto tripod, RRS ballhead

This is a great little camera - we're having a lot of fun together.....:cool:

rayyan

Street. My kind of street. Sedate, cultured surroundings. One can linger a while; meet fun people. Have a considered discourse on wide ranging topics. Science, philosophy, view points on sex, culture, anything that comes to mind.
Pleasant company. I can bring my grape juice ( white..chilled or have it chilled ) and be a part of the crowd.

Here is one..across from the Uni. Princeton, NJ.

And one can thank all the super folks for their ' Likes '.

stngoldberg

Lacrosse is a very difficult sport to photograph, but a lot easier with the D500 shooting at 10 frames/sec and the reach of a 1.5 crop sensor.
My grandson is the goalie, so while prerefocusing on him, I merely shot a burst each time the offense was on the attack.
Did not miss a shot with the ball approaching during the entire game!
Stanley

Swissblad

Thanks for the kind likes folks, much appreciated!

A few pix taken with our dream birding combo - Nikon D500, Nikkor 300mmF4.0 VRPF and TC14EII..

Lightweight and very fast - allows for that unexpected grab shot - like the Stork which flew past the hide completely unexpectedly.

:thumbs:

rayyan

Steen, Thorkil, Jorgen, Shelby, dwood, Swissblad...thank you :salute:

I do not travel for 35 hrs. With a few hrs. for sightseeing thrown in.
I can sleep for 35 hrs. No problem. But travel..No!!

She went alone. For what? No way, I was going to travel 35 hrs.

She didn't take the photo. One can't run with the fox and hunt with the hounds..What!
I was not there. But the both of us have the publishing rights to this photo.

Btw, she should be catching a 17.5 hrs non- stop Flight back home from NZ. She is in Samoa right now....

Thorkil

Street. My kind of street. Sedate, cultured surroundings. One can linger a while; meet fun people. Have a considered discourse on wide ranging topics. Science, philosophy, view points on sex, culture, anything that comes to mind.
Pleasant company. I can bring my grape juice ( white..chilled or have it chilled ) and be a part of the crowd.

Here is one..across from the Uni. Princeton, NJ.

And one can thank all the super folks for their ' Likes '.
Rayyan, is this done with the D700?
Thorkil

Swissblad

Ditto - the Nikon DF does wonders in Rayyan's hands.

As much as I wanted to - I just couldn't bond with the Df - sad for a passionate FM2/FM3a user.....

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thorkil, ceh, Steen, Jorgen..thanks friends.

Thorkil the image was made with the Df and the 50/1.8G.

Kind regards.
Okay Rayyan, it looks both strong yet subtle too. I agree with Jorgen, but perhaps the Df just is that tiny bit stronger in the view, and with a slightly bit more expression.
I would like a Df, but I will stick to my D700.
Kind regards Thorkil

BlinkingEye

A female specimen of the rare and endangered Everglades Snail Kite. Only about 800 or so left and the are found in three places in Florida. As you can see it has an Apple Snail in its talon, the only thing it eats.

This is a pretty impressive photo so go full screen if you can. Technical Stuff: Nikon D500 and the Nikkor 200-500mm. The image is at 65%. Look at that beak/eye. You can also read the numbers on the leg band. Impressive. Nikon did right with the 200-500mm I am impressed. The Critter is floating over Lake Okeechobee, Florida during my most recent trip to the lake last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.