The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulyss Bowman

End of the suspense ! It as a button, it is yellow and black, it is the EXECUTIONER. Best tool ever for fly mass destruction. Best buy of the year because it is extremely fun to use, Nikon related because I shoot it with a Nikon.

Sorry for you, gear addicts, who thought it was a cool camera or wateverelse :p

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

gable advertising in Slagelse City in Denmark (we also still shoot digital single lens reflex cameras)

from the time when the world seemed more innocent

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

chrism

End of the suspense ! It as a button, it is yellow and black, it is the EXECUTIONER. Best tool ever for fly mass destruction. Best buy of the year because it is extremely fun to use, Nikon related because I shoot it with a Nikon.

Sorry for you, gear addicts, who thought it was a cool camera or wateverelse :p
My son has a device like that: it makes a satisfying loud crack and a little spark when you hit a fly with it. I assume you were inspired by Wimbledon?

Chris

Hulyss Bowman

Re: Fun with photo-boxes

:thumbup: nice !
It close with neodimium micro magnets and come in any leather ppl want. The footer is in berry color nubuck to grip the shelf's. Starting price @ 75 € for a 10x15 box. I craft 13x18 and 21x30 boxes also. Need a week to craft one upon brief. :)

My son has a device like that: it makes a satisfying loud crack and a little spark when you hit a fly with it. I assume you were inspired by Wimbledon?

Chris
I already got one since a year but not that powerful. After much tweaking and additional capacitor I managed to total it. So i ordered the Executioner because it is the most powerful one on the market. There is also the Executioner pro, far bigger but less powerful. It is so evil... when a fly touch the grill it fry the wings. I tried on my wife this morning to wake her up but she's angry at me big time now.

synn

On the day of Eid, the Taj Mahal is accessible for free from 7 AM to 10 AM.

Seen here are the local muslims making their way to the Taj for visitation and prayer at the adjoining mosque.

Nikon D800, 16-35 VR

jsf

_DSC8493 as Smart Object-1.jpg

Nikon d800E 55mm AF micro AIS 3200ISO

I just did my first portrait shoot in my first studio in my home. A bride to be. I have not done a portrait in 35 years. Feeling quite rusty. I am still tweaking little things about the set-up. I did not figure I would be doing any quick lighting changes, per sitting. The subject already tested that assumption. So I might have to re-vamp the set-up.

I mounted two 500W equivalents LED's and I am pushing them through a piece of white cloth hung off of a boom, as my key light. Then an LED at camera position for my fill with an LED hair light on a boom at the height of my ceiling, which is 9 feet.

I like three point light. I recently attended a Greg Gorman workshop and he works with one light and a reflector. I can't criticize the results, but it isn't to my taste. He told me I have 1950's sensibilities.

Any thoughts on the image will be appreciated. I have difficulty in getting any feed back on portraits as virtually all of the critiques I go to are done by landscape guys. Good guys with good eyes, but still they are not used to subjects that talk back.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The 50's comment is from the dark/bright contrast. I prefer a bit softer lighting, so take what I say with that in mind. I would put a large white fill reflector at the left front angled toward model to soften the harsh main shadows, then I'd dial back the on-camera light about a stop as I find it distractingly hot on the veil fabric, and then dial the hair light way back and use it as top fill since it's ineffective with the veil anyway and everything else near the top is now reflecting very hot. Something else is aimed wrong or perhaps your main needs a flag as there is a distracting key on her raised leg below the knee? I like the pose, but the girl's eyes look harsh to me, though my seeing could be fouled on this point due to the veil?

synn

Hi jsf, If I may:

Composition:

To me, it is almost always awkward when a subject is cut off on a joint. This leads to an incomplete composition with the "Amputated look". Try to get a bit more of the limb into the crop. This pose might actually work as a full body shot.

I would also maybe make her look towards camera right as the current expressiion is a bit awkward.

Lighting

To expand on what Jack said, I would work on the lighting ratios a bit. Currently, it seems like all three lights are the same power, which does not make a portrait interesting. The fill and the rim lights need to be dialed down to create interesting shadows to compliment the key light.

Something like this (My fill is actually only a reflector, so it's a 2 point light setup plus one for the backdrop):

Technique:

I would add more distance between the subject and the backdrop to blur away all the folds on the backdrop. Also helps to do away with the "Back against the wall" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.