The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsf

_DSC2560 as Smart Object-1RMH 16X20 SFO.jpg
I have been working on this architectural series for over eight years. I have a solo show at the San Francisco airport in November. This is one image from the show. It is a single image not a composite. Shot in Dallas TX. One of thirteen cities that I have visited for this series. Nikon 200mm-500mm lens.

dwood

'Acadia Centennial' - D810 / Zeiss Otus 28

I just returned from two weeks at Acadia National Park here in Maine. I shot this on August 25th, which was the official 100th birthday of both the National Park Service and of Acadia. This was photographed from the Schoodic Peninsula part of the park across Frenchman Bay to Mount Desert Island...the more well known park location. For those familiar with Acadia, that's Cadillac Mountain in the distance. If any of you have never been to Acadia, you should put it on your 'must visit' list. It truly is the the jewel of the Maine coast.

stngoldberg

For over thirty years, I've been taking images of Surfers in the Fall and late summer when the surf is up due to tropical storms in the Atlantic, Today I used the Nikon D500 with my Nikon 500mm F4 with the newest iteration of the 1.4 extender. Amazingly I had a focal length of 1,000mm on a tripod due to the 1.5 crop factor of the D500. The light was excellent, so at an ISO 0f 500, the shutter speed was at 1/6400 sec...... I estimate that I was 300 yards from the subject in this full frame image!
The camera was producing 10 frames per second(sounded like a machine gun) and producing unbelievable resolution as the attached images demonstrates. Images in focus appears to be 100% and those surfers were moving quickly.
This camera is a very impressive instrument and relatively inexpensive compared to other recent offerings
Stanley

chrism

FM3a, 50mm/f1.2, TMax 100, HC-110, X1 scan:

Rudbeckia by chrism229, on Flickr

F6, 105mm/f2.8, TMax 100, HC-110, X1 scan:

Favourite 35mm manual SLRs by chrism229, on Flickr

F6, 105mm/f2.8, TMax 100, HC-110, X1 scan:

It's hip to be square by chrism229, on Flickr

I have been having trouble lately with Paterson reels getting sticky despite thorough rinsing after use and a good brushing to remove residue. So I spent last night practicing with Hewes 35 and 120 reels and the last two shots were developed entirely in metal (Hewes and Nikor tank).

Chris

dwood

'Raven's Nest, study 1' - D810/ Zeiss Otus 28

Raven's Nest is located on the Schoodic Peninsula side of Acadia National Park in Maine. The entrance to this location isn't marked and park rangers are not eager to tell you how to get here. It's understandable. Many of the cliffs in and around this area are 30-90' tall and are sheer drops. There are no forms of protection installed. You can walk right up to the edges, and one false step would be bad news. People find their way here, of course, and unless you suffer from vertigo, I'd recommend locating this spot in the park. It's stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.