The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks guys..;)

One can pick it up for about US$ 600.00 nowadays. imho, this is deal.
I have said it before, the D700 was the best digital camera that I bought and still own. Even today, it smokes most, limited only by the tech of its day.

D700, zf 35/2, Venice
p.s. just a bit of ' curves '.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/2500 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/2500 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm discovering just how difficult it can be to shoot portraits with anything other than natural light. We recently had some people over for dinner and while we waited for the main course, I asked a few of the guests to step in front of the light. This is with the nikkor 105 1.4 @ f2. The thing is a laser and what you see here includes a little softening in post. One thing I learned was to pay attention to peoples eyeglasses. It's remarkable how the tiniest bit of dirt on the lenses will show up. And, I have to come up with a way to focus on the eye and not the lens of the spectacles since that's what the autofocus wants to do every time.

Anita-B.jpg

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

VIP
(indoor daylight lighting)

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 400 • Capture NX-D

rayyan

3 days and no posts in this thread :shocked:

At least folks from these parts..

can post something. Not as far as I am!!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So you told I had sold all my Nikon gear? Think again. Last night's count ended with 4 digital and 2 film bodies. I also bought a new lens, the Samyang 135mm f/2.0. It's so cheap that it's embarrassing, and it comes with a chip and works like any modern Nikkor except for the focusing bit. Yes, it's sharp wide open, and build quality is way beyond what I had expected :)

D2Xs with Samyang 135mm f/2 @ f/2

M

mjr

Evening

Been out shooting the Scootercross World Championships this weekend, I have never shot sports before so excuse the images, the D500 is an absolute weapon in these situations, almost takes the fun out of it, you can't miss! Good fun though, here are a couple of random shots...

routlaw

I haven't posted photographs here in a very long time, but just returned from a two week trip to southwestern Utah and thought I might share a few. All photographs done with the D810, still getting used to the color, but thanks for looking.

Snow Canyon State Park

_DSC0438.jpg

Red Cliffs Wilderness, Candy Cliffs

_DSC0459.jpg

Red Cliffs National Conservation Area, Quail Creek Canyon and Red Reef Trail

_DSC0483.jpg

Quail Creek Canyon, Red Reef Trail

_DSC0487.jpg

Red Cliffs National Conservation Area

_DSC0512.jpg

Another overview of the Red Cliffs NCA

_DSC0516.jpg