The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks people.

I have suddenly gone off all photography. Just
Shut off. No interest, no enthusiasm, n
Nothing. Just going to stay in the hotel today.

Best.

Thorkil

Thanks people.

Best.

Rayyan...please promise me..don't let this thing grow upon you! it's just a very bad habit
You have to keep up the spirit, as we all ought to do.
Therefore you must ask Ayesha kindly to let you borrow the Df, put on the light 50/1.8,
and go for a tiny walk.
Then I promise you to try myself too, to get out of the front door (while I also got this brand new lens sitting
untouched on the desk beside me.....perhaps I should let you guess which one it is, later on...when the pictures comes..).
So then we all have to rely on a mental growth, to all hurry out to take silly or not silly pictures, it doesn't matter,
as long it are pictures, better silly than none.
So....rise....and....off...(you first)
best
Thorkil

Swissblad

Thanks people.

Best.
Take care, Rayyan... it happens to the best of us.
Enjoy the day, the company of wife and friends...life is more than taking pictures.
The enthusiasm and affection for things photographically will return.
Best, S.

Thorkil

Is he melancholic too?

well, originally on Irene and mine morningwalk, this morning, I had no intention bringing a camera. But since I tried to push Rayyan out on the road with the Df, I just felt, on my way out, sort of obliged to get the Df out in the sun too,
just to try to make a picture for Rayyan.
And Rayyan, you see, I got this brand new 135/2 DC, very oldschool lens, lots of glass, some metal, painted like they used to do in the 70'ties...just inspired by Jack (always nice to have someone to blame if it hit the shelf for a longer period, later on). I dont use the DC.
Its perhaps not sensational sharp, but rather sharp in a pleasent way, perhaps in an oldschol-leica-way.
The horse looked a bit melancolic so I tried to talk a bit with him. Don't know if it helped. But here it is, just before talking with him...

Nikon Df 135/2D DC at iso 640 1/500 f2.8 C1pro10 (about 65% crop)

thorkil

neilvan

Spring has finally started to show itself on the west coast of Canada...

The 300mm PF is turning out to be a decent flower lens, it's only 1:4 but works in some situations.

rayyan

Re: Is he melancholic too?

Thorkil.

Congratulations on the lens purchase. I used to have the 105/DC, but have heard very good things about the 135/DC. Enjoy it in good health pal.

Did the horse come with the lens :D Don't seem melancholic to me. Alcoholic, maybe!!

Lovely image.

Best.

well, originally on Irene and mine morningwalk, this morning, I had no intention bringing a camera. But since I tried to push Rayyan out on the road with the Df, I just felt, on my way out, sort of obliged to get the Df out in the sun too,
just to try to make a picture for Rayyan.
And Rayyan, you see, I got this brand new 135/2 DC, very oldschool lens, lots of glass, some metal, painted like they used to do in the 70'ties...just inspired by Jack (always nice to have someone to blame if it hit the shelf for a longer period, later on). I dont use the DC.
Its perhaps not sensational sharp, but rather sharp in a pleasent way, perhaps in an oldschol-leica-way.
The horse looked a bit melancolic so I tried to talk a bit with him. Don't know if it helped. But here it is, just before talking with him...

Nikon Df 135/2D DC at iso 640 1/500 f2.8 C1pro10 (about 65% crop)

thorkil

rayyan

I maybe used the Df a few times, when I was ordered to :shocked:

This was one of those times. Had been walking a long time chasing cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, we were a little late..the colors had turned.
Any case, i wasn't craning my neck to look up at cherry blossoms. Stiff legs were enough for me.

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan,
Thanks,
:cool:
yes I'm really looking forward using that 135 DC lens....
You might be right...perhaps its not melancholic, the poor horse, perhaps just considering being an alcoholic :D..
If you are still longing for Copenhagen, you might as well jump to the Fuji thread for a few seconds..(and Jack and Co. as well..)
Best
Thorkil

rayyan

GAS has been highly moderated by what I can afford and carry. Simple lens. Simple images. Simple person.

Status
Not open for further replies.