The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Nothing to worry about Rayyan. I have always had that attitude that if we all agreed upon solely one camera with one lense, it would all be more fun, while we would be forced to use our fantasy, imagination, put the camera to its limits,
and ourselves too...and just get out doing it..with our simple instrument..restrictions but liberating (I lived perhaps 5-6 years with a M6 and solely a 21Elmarit2.8 attached - perhaps my happiest and most relaxed photofeeling-period at all)
Perhaps I'm wrong (or perhaps right).
In a way I envy you... :)
best Thorkil

dwood

'Kittens Mittens' - D810 / Tamron 24-70

He introduced himself as Captain Bill. With his weathered face, black captain’s hat, full white beard and donning a pair of old sea boots, he looked the part. Sitting on a piece of ledge in front of the old row boat in this picture, he spent the better part of two hours sharing stories of his life at sea. A few of his tales seemed like they may have been ‘enhanced’ but it didn’t matter much to me. I enjoyed listening to them. Capt. Bill was a salty, colorful character. I liked him.

His home was in rough shape. His yard was filled with piles of old lobster traps, buoys, line and other misc. fishing gear, along with a rusted out truck and other well worn machinery. There was an old, rotted out wooden sloop that would never sail again.

Last year, Captain Bill’s property was plowed under to make way for a new town park. I don’t know where he went from there, but I hope he’s okay. I’m happy to have made this picture when I did. My only regret was that I didn’t include him in it.

Barry Haines

'Kittens Mittens' - D810 / Tamron 24-70

He introduced himself as Captain Bill. With his weathered face, black captain’s hat, full white beard and donning a pair of old sea boots, he looked the part. Sitting on a piece of ledge in front of the old row boat in this picture, he spent the better part of two hours sharing stories of his life at sea. A few of his tales seemed like they may have been ‘enhanced’ but it didn’t matter much to me. I enjoyed listening to them. Capt. Bill was a salty, colorful character. I liked him.

His home was in rough shape. His yard was filled with piles of old lobster traps, buoys, line and other misc. fishing gear, along with a rusted out truck and other well worn machinery. There was an old, rotted out wooden sloop that would never sail again.

Last year, Captain Bill’s property was plowed under to make way for a new town park. I don’t know where he went from there, but I hope he’s okay. I’m happy to have made this picture when I did. My only regret was that I didn’t include him in it.

Doug, it would have been nice to see Captain Bill but you have painted a wonderful picture of him in my mind of a colourful character which is the next best thing...I lost a good friend called Bill 10 years ago who I sadly miss who was an ex navy man who told me wonderful stories of his life...I have a few pictures of him but I wish I had more...Thanks for sharing...Cheers Barry

dwood

I was playing around today with a lens I rented (Sigma 85 Art) and this wooden schooner drifted into view. She's the 'Eastwind' and sails out of Boothbay Harbor here in Maine. These beautiful boats can be found up and down the coast, taking folks out for day sails and extended voyages. Eastwind's summer job starts right about now. For those of you who may come to Maine this summer, or in the future, I highly recommend a ride on a schooner - magical. In the distance, off of Eastwind's bow (the pointy end) you can see the top of the Cuckolds Lighthouse. Oh, and the Siggy is pretty good.

Mr.Gale

Just home from China and one highlights of the trip was a visit to the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base just out side Chengdu. It was an on and off rainy day so the Pandas were out having a good time. What I didn't know is Pandas climb trees.

Mr.G

Swissblad

Nikon D500, Nikkor 200-500mm

I'm a let adopter of the Nikon 200-500mm, and while it is heavily and not as easy to use as the 300mm PF, I'm surprised at how good it actually is....:)

Swissblad

Just returned from a brief visit to Styria and Neusiedl in Austria - lovely scenery, good food, fien wine...what more does one need....;)

Keep clicking, folks :toocool:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This is with the Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar. I had always considered it to be the sharpest lens I own. That was until the new Nikkor 105 f1.4 came along. Maybe it has something to do with the resolving power of the D810. I don't know, but I DO know that I am even more impressed with the 105 after peeping the stuff from the Zeiss 100.

Fleurs-June-201789.jpg

rayyan

Thanks Steen. Much appreciated sir.

A view from my bedroom and across the house of a friend I was staying with in Cape Town...

Status
Not open for further replies.