The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Torri del Benaco

Nikon Df with Nikkor 135/2 DC (no defocus) at iso 100 1/800 f2 through C1pro10win - crop

thorkil

Thorkil

.. mother and daughter having lunch in Torri del Benaco

Nikon Df with Nikkor 135/2 DC (no defocus) at iso 100 1/640 f2 throught C1pro10win

thorkil

rayyan

Thanks my friends, for the ' likes ' and your kindness.:salute:
Welcome back Thorkil!!

"Old men can make war, but it is children who will make and write the history."

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interestingly, this lens used to get pretty bad reviews all over the place. Mine seems to perform rather well though. Image taken 2 years ago.

D810 with 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED @ 170mm and f/4.5

Thorkil

Thank you Rayyan!! Work can occupy ones time, mind and body in a nasty way. But a short Venice tour tomorrow (just Cannaregio, Castello and Dorsoduro, which means less tourists and more local inhabitants). But forgot to bring the handy 20/2.8D for the Df, so it will be just the X-T2 with the 16/1.4.
Back to the wonderful Df-DC-Italian colours and a little sparrow doing hip-hop-split dance

Nikon Df with Nikkor 135/2 DC at iso 100 1/1000 f2 no defocus with C1pro10win

thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/35mm G • 1/160 sec at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b848_50A_2716]

chrism

Is it questionable? On film?
Perhaps not. It doesn't have the best reputation, and barrel distortion is a problem that has to be corrected in any image with a straight line in it. This was the first* time I went out with the intention of shooting straight into the sun and hoping for lens flare!

*I had been out there the previous evening with an OM-2n, 85/2 and 28/2, but stupidly poured the fixer in first for the first time in 40+ years of film processing. It would have been interesting to compare, but there again, I wouldn't have gone back with the F6 if I hadn't mucked up the first film.

Thorkil

Waiting for drying up - Verona
the 180/2.8 spatter finished lens - I didn't have any expectations but I'm positively amazed by the possibility’s. The old dream hiding back in the brain, being able to make color pictures with the B&W feeling, might get some inches closer with these old glasses on the Df

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso 5600 1/640 f2.8 through C1pro10win

thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.