The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Yes, we all have to join in to contribute, preventing things getting too slow...
at church - (reflection from white marble doorway, sorry)

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso 5000 1/640 f2.8 through C1pro10win

thorkil

tcdeveau

Went out to north Georgia with my wife to check out the Eclipse, here are a couple quick edits. D500 with 70-200 VRII and 1.4x TC IMG_4538.jpgIMG_4537.jpgIMG_4536.jpg

Thorkil

just some slow pictures to suit a slow mellow morning-mindset -
through glass..

thorkil
(ps. and yes the first one is deliberately unsharp but serves as a mood-framing)

Last edited:

Thorkil

..while everybody is looking at the D850, I just collected this little jewel at Foto-C Copenhagen, and I'm amased that Nikon still produces this wonderful 50/1.2 AIS, and only at 875$ incl. danish VAT, meaning only 700$ excl. VAT.
Its not a Nikkor-Noct, but it somehow seems rather close, and certainly at a different price.
(and finally now at AWB1...:rolleyes:)

Nikon Df with Nikkor 50/1.2 Ais at iso 100 1/1000 f1.2 through C1pro10win

thorkil

Thorkil

Glad you finally saw the light :ROTFL:

(And yes, the 50/1.2 is a remarkable little lens -- I only wish it were AF, but alas, not :( )
:cool::toocool:..yes, I think I will keep on in that setting :thumbup:...and yes it certainly is, I ordered the DK-17M eyepiece as Steen recommended some time ago, to help the "young" eyes.
And there will be loosers, but on the other hands its a lens that beg you to invest some patience.., so a different mindset in the situation

stngoldberg

My wife noticed a fireworks barge in front of our house last evening' so we checked the internet and learned that the Newport city council had approved a ten minute display for a wedding rehearsal at 9:30pm.
I was ready!
Stanley

rayyan

:salute:

" To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity. " Nelson Mandela

South Africa.

stngoldberg

Lobster is selling for $13.99/pound here which is historically quite high, but lobstering is all manual labor, quite often in rough weather. Those guys deserve to make a good wage
Stanley

Swissblad

Lovely image, Darr - and a terrific scan!

Reminds me of Hamlet - fully expect to see his father's ghost appear around the corner.

:clap:

stngoldberg

Two years ago a male Osprey arrived in Newport and built a sizable nest near two ponds.
Last year his mate showed up and moved right into his digs, but this guy has bad manners.
If you look carefully, the male is eating a fish ( pink area near his claw); without sharing.
His parents did a poor job teaching etiquette
Stanley

rayyan

" He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have. " Socrates

stngoldberg

For sports or wildlife the Nikon D500 set on continuous focus allows amazingly sharp images during sizable bursts of 7 frames/sec even when the object is coming toward the camera.
These two uncropped images were taken after following the surfers for at least 100 yards with the continuos shooting.
Hoping to be able to duplicate this ability with the D850 with 46 megapixels
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.