The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Well, just for Godfrey and other helplesly lost old-school motorbike-enthusiasts...
From 2009 and just Jpegs while battery was down and didn't wan't to miss them

Nikon D3 with Nikkor 14-24 at 16mm and 2500iso 1/30(by hand) f2.8
repetition - Norton Manx 500ccm 1961

Nikon D3 with Nikkor 14-24 at 14mm and 2500iso 1/40(by hand) f3.2
Ducati 750SS 1974
and at the back a Norvin - Vincent HRD 1000ccm engine in a Norton Featherbedframe
and further at the back a Dresda Triton - a Triumph Bonneville engine in a Norton Featherbedframe

thorkil

Elderly

Well, just for Godfrey and other helplesly lost old-school motorbike-enthusiasts...
From 2009 and just Jpegs while battery was down and didn't wan't to miss them

thorkil
Thanks - :thumbup:
I'm helplessly lost too;
here's a 1:8th scale white metal model of the last motorcycle I owned (1950 Vincent Rapide).

I sold the 1:1 in 1967 or '68 for £105 :banghead:
They now fetch about £50,000 :facesmack: - I console myself with the thought that if I had kept it,
I probably wouldn't have stayed alive long enough to experience digital photography :grin:.

Thorkil

What a loss, not as much moneywise I'm thinking - but it was an extreme and special condensation of the utterly extravangance, design and tectnical wise. One of the finest and advanced motorcycles the motorbikeworld has seen.
Best Thorkil

tylerallenmohr

From a recent drive on California's Hwy 1 near Big Sur at the Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.

Made with a Nikon F2 & Voigtlander 40mm SLII on Kodak Portra 160 film.

JPB_gdpi.jpg

Ai_Print

I spent the day yesterday getting "Micro" shots of natural elements with lots of space for text for an ad client. I mostly used my new 105mm 1.4E and my Zeiss 50mm F2 Milvus on my D850. The new focus peaking feature using live view is a complete revelation for manual focus, it allowed me to get the camera inches above the water and nail an otherwise hard to get water abstract. Zeiss 50 F2 Milvus @F2, 1/2500th / ISO 3,200 D850:

Water_1.jpg

Wife got me in action trying not to drown a new camera:

Water_2.jpg

Thorkil

..and while everybody are thinking either on troubles behind Irma or just simply at the D850, why not post an ordinary tourist-picture back from Verona, while there are a little break

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso 250 1/640 f2.8 through C1pro10win

thorkil

Thorkil

...but perhaps it could also just be this modest colored facade....

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso 100 1/1600 f2.8 through C1pro10win

thorkil

Thorkil

...but then, it could also be this resolute moped lady ready for creating fear at the next traffic-light..

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso 100 1/640 f2.8 through C1pro10win

thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes I think I should sell the F6 and the Samyang 135mm. Fortunately, it doesn't more than a glimpse at the latest roll that came back from the lab to cancel any bad intentions :)

F6 with Samyang 135mm f/2 and Portra 400

Status
Not open for further replies.