The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul2660

Paul, I noticed the same thing when I added some film profiles from VSCO.
Easy to change if you know about it.
I've been a Beta tester for Luminar and when the consumer version releases on the 16th I hope it will replace Adobe in my workflow. It's inexpensive and just for one example the shadows/highlights sliders are so much better that that one improvement is worth the price for me.

I have it pre ordered hoping for great things.

Paul Caldwell

jduncan

I've been trying to recreate the emotional response produced by medium and large format transparencies on a light table... With the D800E and some judicious, careful processing. There's something very unique about this I think that lends itself to landscapes and wildlife.

Bryce Canyon:

Grey Wolf at the West Yellowstone Wolf & Grizzly Discovery Center:

Mammoth hot springs terrace, YNP:

Summer afternoon thunderclouds, southern Utah:

Grand Canyon, Northern Rim:

Desert Bighorn, Zion NP:

Bighorn buck:

And revisiting some South African wildlife:

This bull chased us off into the bush!

Nyala:

More heffalumps:

And, finally, since this is already too long, nap time:
Amazing! Beautiful! great job.

Paul2660

[/url]Sunset 2 CC afterglow on Petit Jean Mountain by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunset afterglow on Petit Jean Mountain, Arkansas. D850, and 24mm Sigma Art 1.4. Taken in 3 vertical segments and exposure bracketed. Capture One used for raw conversion and Adobe CC for pano.

Not finding the same push in shadows with the D850 that I found with both D800e and D810. D850 is much more a bracketing camera. This series was taken at a low ISO (I believe 100), longer exposures and I paid for it with some wind motion. But a single exposure just doesn't have the same reach. Sigma Art 24mm was at F10 or 11, as I was wanting max hyperfocal for rocks in foreground.

Colors are wonderful however.

Paul Caldwell

Paul2660

[/url]cc Night scene at Sams Throne Arkansas Ozarks by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nightsky at Sam's Throne, Arkansas Ozarks. Taken in several parts, Nikon D810A and 14-24 @ F2.8. Sky is approx 17 seconds, ISO 4000, and foreground is 2 minutes ISO 400 as I recall.
D810A does have a bit more reach at night, but not as much as I had expected from reading other reports. Color provided for Milky Way is very nice however.

Paul Caldwell

chrism

For those not watching the analog threads, here's some XP2 Super pulled to ISO 100, developed in HC-110. F6, AF Micro Nikkor 105mm/f2.8D @f4, 1/60 sec, with an SB-600 off camera and bounced off the ceiling. Scanned with Hasselblad X1.

Pippa 2017 #19 by chrism229, on Flickr

She might be sixty, but I still can't help photographing her!

chrism

After six weeks in the car spa, we have new paint, new wheels and a new roof. Just in time to go into the garage for the winter.
F6, 28-300, Superia 400, Argentix presskit, X1 scan:

Miata 1991 by chrism229, on Flickr

tylerallenmohr

Cook Inlet on the turnagain arm between Anchorage and Portage

Taken with:
D800e
Voigtlander 40mm @ f/11, 1/10 sec
lee landscape polarizer, 0.9 grad ND
Cook_Inlet.jpg

Seward, Alaska where the sun goes down early in the Winter.

Taken with:
D800e
Zeiss 21mm @ f/8, 30 sec

Seward.jpg

Portage Lake

Taken with:
D800e
Zeiss 21mm @ f/11, 30 sec
Portage-Lake_2.jpg

Last edited:

sc_john

When I walked to the beach this morning, dense fog covered this small field. On my return just after sunrise, the fog was pretty much cleared, but it left behind a fine covering of dew. I have seen frost cover grass like this, but not dew. Quite a sight...

D850, Sigma 35/1.4 Art @f/8.

Thanks for looking.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.