The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not exactly. In order to get the maximal use of shooting this lens, I use 1.2x crop in D750/D800. The sharpness and contrast is unbeatable. I have always been wondering if 24-35f2 can give a similar result
That's interesting. Is the photo above the full 1.2x frame? How is vigneting wide open? What about corner sharpness?

Mark K

Not exactly. In order to get the maximal use of shooting this lens, I use 1.2x crop in D750/D800. The sharpness and contrast is unbeatable. I have always been wondering if 24-35f2 can give a similar result
There is increased vignette and decreased edge sharpness and that is why I have been drooling over 24-35f2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Back in the day, I used to have a boat, but I seem to remember that I was on top and the boat kind of under me...

D610 with 300mm f/4 AF @ f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My dearest lens, the only 20 years old 80-200mm AF-S that I bought used 12 years ago for nearly $900 finally gave up today. No more AF, and I haven't used it for more than a couple of hundred thousand shots, so I had to rely on the nearly 30 year old 300mm f/4 AF. Optically, it's one of my favourites, but AF is kind of slooooow...

They forgot to move the beach to the other side of the circuit too :(

D610 with 300mm f/4 AF @ f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The D300 is showing its age as well, I'm afraid. According to EXIF, this photo was taken with a 200-14mm f/2.8-18 lens @ 75mm and f/2.1 :chug:

They don't mak'em like they used to says I. Barely 10 years old, and already senile :loco:

Thorkil

..went to the station for a little ride..

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso1400 1/250 f5.6 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso7200 1/250 f5.6 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso4000 1/250 f5.6 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Thorkil

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso2800 1/125 f4 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso6400 1/125 f5.6 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso12800 1/250 f5.6 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Thorkil

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso11400 1/125 f5.6 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D at iso3600 1/125 f2.8 through C1pro11win

ride is over..I'll walk home..
thorkil

Thorkil

PS. solely for Jack:
100% crop
now I'm keeping it :eek:, sharpnes is okay to me (yes I know a bit too much contrast, structure and punch in the crop, but sharpnes is ok)

Nikon Df with 18/2.8D

thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
@ Thorkil ----

NOW you're making it sing!!! It is an instrument you need to learn how to play. It's a demanding tool, but once you "get it" you got it :ROTFL:

And now YOU got it!!! :thumbs:

Thorkil

..by the way, walking home along the wagons this little Cristmas-fellow, were calling with a Good-evening, and wanted to participate in the story, so..

Nikon Df with nikkor 18/2.8D at iso 3600 1/250 f5.6 through C1pro11win

..and while we are at the outcuts, and the men in the engine were having coffee..

Nikon Df with nikkor 18/2.8D at iso 5000 1/60 f4 through C1pro11win

..the staff at the rear were having some other and more interesting stuff from Porto..

Nikon Df with nikkor 28/1.4D at iso 1600 1/250 f1.4 through C1pro11win

..but if you now wonder what all that port, coffe and peanuts could do to you, and perhaps make it necesarry to pull the..and run into the bushes..

Nikon Df with nikkor 18/2.8D at iso 6400 1/125 f2.8 through C1pro11win

.. then nope...even in 1917 there were decent equipment available

Nikon Df with nikkor 18/2.8D at iso 8000 1/125 f5.6 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Paul2660

[/url]Sunrise at Rainbow Rock Arkansas Ozark Mountains by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunrise at Rainbow Rock Natural Bridge, Arkansas Ozark Mountains. Taken with a Nikon D850 and 14-24 lens @ 14mm, F11 and F13. 3 exposure brackets. ISO 64. E shutter full from Live View. This shot is only visible for about 20 to 30 days in winter when the sun is making is final traverse to the full winter solace.

Net, the 14-24 is still an AMAZING lens, the only lens I have that could pull in this entire bridge from so close. The sun rays are from the lens as it still does wonders there. ONLY issue on the 14-24 is the reciprocal flare that always will occur opposite your bright light source. In this case the lower right corner. However entire frame is very sharp throughout.

Paul Caldwell

nikonf

Paul - Thank you for another beautiful image. Your images are always inspirational and breathtaking!
Best,
Mike
[/url]Sunrise at Rainbow Rock Arkansas Ozark Mountains by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunrise at Rainbow Rock Natural Bridge, Arkansas Ozark Mountains. Taken with a Nikon D850 and 14-24 lens @ 14mm, F11 and F13. 3 exposure brackets. ISO 64. E shutter full from Live View. This shot is only visible for about 20 to 30 days in winter when the sun is making is final traverse to the full winter solace.

Net, the 14-24 is still an AMAZING lens, the only lens I have that could pull in this entire bridge from so close. The sun rays are from the lens as it still does wonders there. ONLY issue on the 14-24 is the reciprocal flare that always will occur opposite your bright light source. In this case the lower right corner. However entire frame is very sharp throughout.

Paul Caldwell

AlexLF

This is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Paul Caldwell

Status
Not open for further replies.