The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul2660

Mike and Alex, many thanks for the kind words.

This spot has haunted me for years as I have missed it due to weather many times. But it finally came together for me.

Paul Caldwell

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Shooting an entire race day, 6-7 hours, with one camera and one prime at one aperture actually works fine... most of the time. At least I didn't have to spend time wondering what gear and settings to choose :)

D610 with 300mm f/4 AF @ f/5.6

Frankly

Trying to capture breaking clays with the 300/2.8 AFS-II and D810 has been one of my photographic challenges, I still haven't perfected it and it is a numbers game (shoot 100+ to 1). These are shot with luck and anticipation, I prefocus and check where most average clays are breaking (about 30-35 yards from me standing 10 yards behind the line for 16 yard trap shooting)(Auto focus just can not follow a clay pigeon). Most of these are cropped 50% but I don't think a longer lens would help me. A D5 might help me but I'm not sure, I have the timing so speed isn't as important and a burst of out of focus action is just more files to trash. Choice of background helps (dark trees, low angles, side lighting later or early in day) and stopping down to f/8, 1/4000th or faster. Someday I will shoot enough to get the perfect break in perfect focus....

It's situations like this where Canon or Nikon optical VF DSLRs still reign supreme.

Attachments

Frankly

Skiing at Mt Hood in June, low snow year, if you're of a certain age you may recognize the Mahre twins....

Attachments

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm always somewhat blindsided by how quickly the Christmas celebration comes and goes. Fortunately, there are people like this that add (in my mind) just the right combination of fun and good cheer to make it special. And to everyone, all the best in the coming New Year.

Attachments

dwood

I was doing some archive cleansing recently and came across this old picture I made in 2006...shot with a D200 and the 18-70 kit lens. :D This old gal's name was 'Tess Alexis' and I'm sure she was a once proud member of the fishing fleet in her corner of Maine. You can see here that her fishing days were over. I thought I'd better take her portrait before she got carved up and hauled away. Funny how some pictures take you right back to the moment when you clicked the shutter: feelings, sights and sounds, the smell of the sea, etc. I think I'll keep this around. Nostalgia.

stngoldberg

Bob and Linda celebrating Bob’s 75th birthday
Used a Nikon D810 with 18-35 mm Nikon lens set at 24mm
With a quantum flash

Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.