The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland.
D700; ZF 50/2 Makro-Planar.
I was there too, Rayyan, but just as a boy/young man :thumbup:
Is it from Mürren?
Did you go for the Eigergletcher and Jungfrau, by train, as far as I remember..
Would like to go back.
best Thorkil

DougDolde

One from Joshua Tree National Park. I have lived in Joshua Tree for over seven years. Sometime I lost interest in the park, as magnificent as it is, I just sort of burn out on it. But there's always a new image to make there you just have to think differently. I had only minutes to set up and take the shot. Having the D850 is a revelation in size and weight after medium format. I have been freed !

Nikon D850 with Zeiss ZF.2 28mm lens. I reprocessed this after printing the first version. i'm color calibrated but prints still look different than on the screen. Trying a new print now. EDIT: New print looks pretty good.

COLOR-280.jpg

Last edited:

rayyan

Thanks a lot friends.
Sorry to be late to acknowledge your ' Likes '. Muck appreciated.

Thorkil,

Yes. We were walking down from Murren towards Lauterbrunnen, when the pic was taken.

Lets say I went to JungFrau, and she had joined a climbing team to go test her skills up there.

Re: the Eiger, we could see it from out balcony and the restaurant across the small street.

And Thorkil, we are still young my friend. Thespirit is always willing, even though our bodies must have tired a little!!

Take care.

I was there too, Rayyan, but just as a boy/young man :thumbup:
Is it from Mürren?
Did you go for the Eigergletcher and Jungfrau, by train, as far as I remember..
Would like to go back.
best Thorkil

DougDolde

Another from Joshua Tree National Park. D850, ZF.2 28mm. I had a 16x16 print made, what they call a UV Acrylic. Like a face mount exceot its a direct print on the acrylic with an OCE flatbed.

COLOR-281.jpg

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My take on the "Red, White and Blue" Super Moon, taken from my backyard in Silicon Valley CA at around 4:50 AM right before the last sliver of Sunlight gets obscured. The colored banding is how it actually appeared in the native file, no filters or any special post-process effects other than sharpening, noise, levels and crop. Nikon D810, Nikkor 200-500 zoom @ 500mm, 1/10th sec at f6.3, ISO 1600:

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

and if I may add some glass blocks as a supplement to your bamboos, John :)

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D • [b858_30C_2331]

Paul2660

Love the shot. I can't figure out how they covered the front windows? You can still see the windshield wipers for the front windows, but not the glass. Another reason to always have a camera with you.

Paul Caldwell

Frankly

Love the shot. I can't figure out how they covered the front windows? You can still see the windshield wipers for the front windows, but not the glass. Another reason to always have a camera with you.

Paul Caldwell
It's an IFR Tiger. They only need the side windows for parking, not running workers over.

Status
Not open for further replies.