The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Thanks a lot friends.
Sorry to be late to acknowledge your ' Likes '. Muck appreciated.

Thorkil,

Yes. We were walking down from Murren towards Lauterbrunnen, when the pic was taken.

Lets say I went to JungFrau, and she had joined a climbing team to go test her skills up there.

Re: the Eiger, we could see it from out balcony and the restaurant across the small street.

And Thorkil, we are still young my friend. Thespirit is always willing, even though our bodies must have tired a little!!

Take care.
Hi Rayyan
Sorry for late answer, work has almost taking all life out of my body, and drained my brain for sanity, so it doesn't feel that young anymore, and the body neither...
But I can see you did it once again, flew away for far distance, doing very nice captures!
Didn't got any time for serious pictures, so forgive, here comes just the unserious

Nikon Df with Nikkor 24/1.8 at iso11.400 1/125 f1.8 C1pro11win
3 silly danes at Brända Tomten Gamla Stan Stockholm

best thorkil

Thorkil

Thor, very nice high iso image. If you don't mind me asking, how much NR was applied?
Thank you John
I just left it alone by the preset i C1, meaning Luminance, Detail and Color are preserved at 50 and Single Pixel preserved at 10, sharpening at 182 with radius at 0,4 and treshold preserved at 1.
best
Thorkil
Ps., but other things of influence: turning brightness almost full down (that I like, to make colors both modest yet strong and more pastel-like, same way when colors are being more modest-present by overcast than sunny weather, I think) -49, contrast up til +11, exposure and saturation at 0, Clarity in Punch gives often too much noise, to heavy contrast-lines, therefore set it at "Classic", Clarity at 20, structure at 16..(I almost always keep structure about 4 below compaired to clarity).

Last edited:

rayyan

Hi Thorkil.

Did miss you around these parts. Glad to know it is just the work load stopping you from photography.
That's a nice image at high iso from the Df. And that is one happy image :thumbup:

Gamla Stan eh!

Best regards to you and yours.

Hi Rayyan
Sorry for late answer, work has almost taking all life out of my body, and drained my brain for sanity, so it doesn't feel that young anymore, and the body neither...
But I can see you did it once again, flew away for far distance, doing very nice captures!
Didn't got any time for serious pictures, so forgive, here comes just the unserious
best thorkil

rayyan

Steen, Douglas, swissblad, Thorkil..:thumbs:

Df,50/1.8G ( or is it the 24/2.8D..I forget; and am lazy. Seems the 24/2.8D )

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil.

Did miss you around these parts. Glad to know it is just the work load stopping you from photography.
That's a nice image at high iso from the Df. And that is one happy image :thumbup:

Gamla Stan eh!
Hi Rayyan
:):):thumbs:..did miss you too when you was away some short time ago

Gamla Stan...with happy moment by the Italiens at the bar in "Pastis"..

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8G at iso12.800 1/125 f1.8 through C1pro11win

best thorkil

rayyan

Thorkil, Jack..thanks for stopping by guys.

In the Philippines, smoking is banned in all public places and hotels.

The hotel I stayed in obviously had a strict non smoking environment.

Excellent. But what about the smokers like myself?
So most hotels have a small ' designated for smoking ' space.

The fancier the hotel, the fancier the comfort for the smoker.

One of the designated areas in my hotel was called ' the cigar bar '.

I made a lot of friends there. We would run into each other at odd times of the day!!

Thorkil

Thorkil, Jack..thanks for stopping by guys.

In the Philippines, smoking is banned in all public places and hotels.

The hotel I stayed in obviously had a strict non smoking environment.

Excellent. But what about the smokers like myself?
So most hotels have a small ' designated for smoking ' space.

The fancier the hotel, the fancier the comfort for the smoker.

One of the designated areas in my hotel was called ' the cigar bar '.
[/CENTER]
!
Rayyan...I will only quiet and politely lift my pointing finger...and recall your video of your exposed and working heart long time ago..optimistic carrying on...but I forgot in an interactive way to ask it for any future wishes..
but now I'm sure of which answer it would have been whispering at me..."please get my man across the line..to the nonsmoker land.."
So Rayyan, the solution is pure and simple, I have quit smoking when I was 23, decision made on a tuesday to quit smoking at friday, on friday a became a non-smoker for the rest of my life..it's no rocket-science
So Rayyan, the only thing for you to do, ist to wait for tuesday to come..and then..
Here in non-smoker-land you will also meet a lot of friendly people..so don't worry...be happy..:eek:
:angel:
best Thorkil

Thorkil

Thorkil, I would be scared to dial in that high an iso!!
And yes, you are totally correct re: smoking.. Thanks.
:p:thumbup:..a bit lower iso for you then, Rayyan...(but I'm still a bit taken by the exquisite way the Df manage to make delicate filmlike grains at high iso, and well assisted by C1)
tuesdays are always good days..

Nikon Df with Nikkor 24/1.8 at iso2.500 1/60 f1.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

...and the Irishmen at O'connel's

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8G at iso5.600 1/60 f1.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

rayyan

Thorkil,

We’re all those bars covered in one evening?
If so, you too, better go easy on the bottle pal!

Best.

...and the Irishmen at O'connel's

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8G at iso5.600 1/60 f1.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Thorkil

Thorkil,

We’re all those bars covered in one evening?
If so, you too, better go easy on the bottle pal!

Best.
:D...the whole thing in only one short evening...
you know, Rayyan, the danes has, or at leat had, a worldrecord in drinking...
so one has to keep the up the rumours ... :grin:
no, actually, René has been on plain water since he was 25, and we other 3 only managed to share 2 bottles while eating, while they were so expensive..:angel::angel:
and by O-connel's just one beer, so I managed to find the trainticket...and the train too..:toocool:
so we old danes have to rely on younger forces to maintain the record...:p
but lately even those forces have weakened...:shocked:
best from.. almost.. sober Thorkil :chug:.....:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.