The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

"The death and the Mother", (stealing the child), made by Niels Hansen Jacobsen in 1903, situated in front of Skt. Petri church, Copenhagen - from today...

Nikon Df with Nikkor 24/1.8 at iso 100 1/800 f2.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Thorkil

Copenhagen..

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8 at iso 450 1/60 f1.8 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8 at iso 280 1/125 f1.8 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with nikkor 24/1.8 at iso 360 1/125 f1.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

rayyan

Hi Thorkil.

I am thinking of getting the 24/1.8 G to pair with my Df. Is it possible, you could post some landscapes taken with that combo?

If you can or already have, of course.

Thank you kindly. sir.

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan, and yes Sir, at once, I will see what I can do...

Nikon Df with Nikkor 24/1.8 at iso 250 1/125 f8 through C1pro11win
One of my sweetest and calmest spots in Dyrehaven
It just sits there and wait for a painter from the golden age to reenter the scene and pull out the oilcolours

From 2 days ago. Rayyan, its manipulated so: modest sharpnes, pulled down brightness all the way down, because of the super bright frozen-light, lifted the expose ½ a step, very moderate punch in clarity, used the profile from the nikkor 24/1.4, while the /1.8 wasn't by hand, saturation and contrast left alone, whitebalance by camera, no filter used.
I know you will argu its soft at the left, it might be, but it was blowing a bit, and it make the branches move, it might have been moving my lazy and unpatient body too...
But I like the lens, it suits the Df rendering way fine, soft, still sharp, gentle, some times exquisite..its a bit too long, but its light and lighter than the Sigma, and it has character..
best
Thorkil
ps. forgot: highlight pulled all the way down, shadows lifted a bit

Last edited:

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil.

I am thinking of getting the 24/1.8 G to pair with my Df. Is it possible, you could post some landscapes taken with that combo?

If you can or already have, of course.

Thank you kindly. sir.
Hi Rayyan, just a little PS. I found that my example of the nikkor 24/1.8 do have some issues, specially at the left side. So it would not suit your landscapes I guess. I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of quality-control by Nikon in China.
I now regret I didn't took time for testing Jacks advice, the Sigma 24 art (so when you don’t listen, you…), or at least one more example of the 24/1.8, but with the Sigma 24 Art you also have to test more than one piece according to Nasim Mansurov, and its more heavy and then a less easygoing travel/walk-around-lens.
I'm not good at complaining in a store, but I will try to get their help for this one.
Or perhaps I should ask Steen if he is using his Zeiss 21 ZF.2 (are you listening Steen ? :eek: ) even though it might be the wrong time of a lifeline to go manual now, but...
So the 24-120 at 24 (or staying by your 24/2.8D which seems ok?) might serve you much better, Rayyan, but size-weight...
Best Thorkil

rayyan

Thanks Thorkil.

I will tell you frankly, that due to my incompetence, illiteracy or star sign, the Fuji x-pro-2 fits me more than fine but..a big but for me now..I still am unsure ( paranoid? ) about its treatment of dense foliage in the foreground and background. Somewhat hesitant to jump fully with Fuji.

As far a Nikon...I appreciate your input. Gawd, the 24-120 G VR is heavy!!
As you mentioned, I might just have to be content with my 24/2.8 D.

24/2.8D, 50/1.8 G, 85/1.8G; Df.

I think at least I wouldn't get worms in my images :D

The care.

Thorkil

Thanks Thorkil.

I will tell you frankly, that due to my incompetence, illiteracy or star sign, the Fuji x-pro-2 fits me more than fine but..a big but for me now..I still am unsure ( paranoid? ) about its treatment of dense foliage in the foreground and background. Somewhat hesitant to jump fully with Fuji.

As far a Nikon...I appreciate your input. Gawd, the 24-120 G VR is heavy!!
As you mentioned, I might just have to be content with my 24/2.8 D.

24/2.8D, 50/1.8 G, 85/1.8G; Df.

I think at least I wouldn't get worms in my images :D

The care.
Rayyan, I really do like the Fuji too, but I love the Df, and frankly I have my serious doubt that I sensorwise and treatment-like could get the same delicate look from a D610, 810 or 850, while it to me seems that they don't have that magic soft glow I still do think I find in the Df.
Fuji makes it all very very good, but perhaps all together a bit more harsh, less exquisite, less delicate, less "soft". The lenses are really good at Fuji, and when I take it to work, in- and outsite buildings, it's a joy with the small size and balanced weight.
But my warm feelings are with the Df, can't help it, and I have accepted that situation, and keeping them both, and with joy...
After Italy the 24/1.8 goes back to Nikon for repair, I have arranged, and if they don't succeed I will finally follow Jacks advice and have a serious look at the 24/1.4 Sigma Art, same size, about 300 gram more.
Best
Thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.