The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

...the Roof of Heaven down below..

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 VC at 15mm iso1100 1/125 f8 throught C1pro11win

thorkil

bensonga

With any luck, I can put our snow shovels away soon.

Shot with the new to me Nikon D1x. Picked it up from my local camera shop in Anchorage yesterday (Stewarts Photo). In excellent condition, including the all important Nikon battery charger. All for $99. I couldn't resist.

Only 17 years ago this camera retailed for $6000 and in words of DP Review, the effective 5.3 megapixels was "class leading resolution".

I can probably still use it to produce decent letter size prints. For me it was money well spent. A piece of Nikon digital camera history.

Gary

D1x, 35/1.8G DX lens, ISO 125, 1/80th at f4

Thorkil

the Tamron 15-30 doing the Raadvad houses..
(I think I'm satisfied with the output from this lens... by the way, I don't do keystone to be 100% parallel, while its looking weird)

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 VC at 15mm iso200 1/125 f5.6 through C1pro11win

thorkil

SrMphoto

Nikon D850 + Sigma 150mm Macro, 12 focus stacked images merged with ZereneStacker.
Very happy with D850's focus bracketing system. This image was taken outdoors, the flower was moving slightly, still, the resulting image is very sharp.

Leucospermum.jpg

Last edited:

rayyan

Have you walked into any store and been ignored?
Happens to me quite often. I couldn't give s*it about that.

But in camera a store...come on!
But has happened to me in a few stores in Europe..mainly Leica stores.

I found, Mayfair in London, to be the snobbiest. At least when I was there.

Now then there is the SoHo store, in Lower Manhattan, NYC, N.Y. Not to be confused with Soho of London. During the late 60s it was full of doors with a sign ' please walk up ' and an electric bell!!

But being a district with a history of abandoned buildings etc., the artists moved in. And today SoHo, NYC..is a pretty trendy district with art galleries, and fancy boutiques. Not to mention a few excellent hotels. An excellent place to stroll around, and photograph.

And, there is the Leica store! Right in SoHo. And there I was, in SoHo. No bell with a sign ' please walk up ' here.
So I walked around. And then walked in. What happened?
Some other time!

Df, 85/1.8G ( maybe I shouldn't have been carrying the plebe Nikon! )

bensonga

Fun with Nikon Images....I've definitely had fun using the D1x I purchased recently, even though the image resolution really suffers in comparison with Nikon DSLRs made in the past 10+ years.

One thing I've learned from using this 17 year old DSLR is the importance of a good battery. I replaced the unreliable battery of indeterminate age which came with my D1x with a new Watson battery (Nikon doesn't sell the D1x batteries anymore). Now the camera fires away with no hesitation or hiccups. :thumbup:

For $99 plus the cost of a new battery ($29), it is an enjoyable camera to use, a nice piece of Nikon digital history and a reminder of how lucky we are today with cameras like the D800/810/850 etc.

That said...it is the difference in image quality between the D1x and my D2x which surprises me most. Like night and day. But both with the same great build quality of Nikon "Pro" bodies. Might need to add a D3x to my collection. :D

Gary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.