The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

Perhaps one way to use a camera like the D1x today is to give up any hope of capturing fine details and explore the possibilities of creative processing and graphic images.

Gary

bensonga

Spring has come to Anchorage! 55 degrees and sunny today.

It was pretty nice here yesterday too (when I took this photo). :thumbs:

D1x, 35/1.8G lens, ColorEfex Pro

bensonga

Another shot of the parking garage.

Just exploring the possibilities of what I can do with 5.3 megapixel images.

Gary

D1x, 35/1.8G lens, SilverEfex Pro

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

congrats on your new D1X, Gary :thumbup:

may we see a portrait of your new machine :angel:

or maybe a double portrait along with your D2X :)

telephone shots not allowed :lecture:

bensonga

Some of you might remember this as Pete's Smoke Shop (and Northern Knives). Under new ownership now as 5th Avenue Cigars. Thankfully, they didn't paint over most of the colorful and uniquely Alaskan mural.

A fair bit of distortion with this lens. I'll have to mount something else for my next test shots.

D1x, 35/1.8G lens

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Tårbæk

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso100 1/125 f11 through C1pro11win

thorkil
Childhood memories... when I was a kid, my father, my two siblings and myself sometimes stayed at a small guesthouse in Tårbæk, Patricia. It was an old "Patriciervilla" that had been changed into a guesthouse, unfortunately now long gone. Interestingly, the host was Thai, and once per week he served Thai food, which to me at the time was very exotic. He also had two young, very pretty daughters, not easy do deal with for a 14-15 year old boy :ROTFL: . I think one of them actually went on to write a book related to her upbringing in a halfway Thai family (her mother was Danish) in Denmark.

Edit: A little research and it appears that one of the beautiful daughters has become a successful journalist and is married to Mogens Lykketoft, no less

Mette om Mogens: ”Han belejrede mig” - Det grønne område

Last edited:

Thorkil

Childhood memories... when I was a kid, my father, my two siblings and myself sometimes stayed at a small guesthouse in Tårbæk, Patricia. It was an old "Patriciervilla" that had been changed into a guesthouse, unfortunately now long gone. Interestingly, the host was Thai, and once per week he served Thai food, which to me at the time was very exotic. He also had two young, very pretty daughters, not easy do deal with for a 14-15 year old boy :ROTFL: . I think one of them actually went on to write a book related to her upbringing in a halfway Thai family (her mother was Danish) in Denmark.

Edit: A little research and it appears that one of the beautiful daughters has become a successful journalist and is married to Mogens Lykketoft, no less

Mette om Mogens: ”Han belejrede mig” - Det grønne område
What a coincidence Jørgen! Yes I know Mogens, he has been visiting us a few times, before Mette, several years ago, a few times we have been writing, and sometimes on walks were have meet them both, Mette and Mogens... :) :) I think they are still back in Tårbæk, don't know.
best Thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What a coincidence Jørgen! Yes I know Mogens, he has been visiting us a few times, before Mette, several years ago, a few times we have been writing, and sometimes on walks were have meet them both, Mette and Mogens... :) :) I think they are still back in Tårbæk, don't know.
best Thorkil
Small world!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
D810 and Milvus 50/1.4 in the dark. Damn close flat tones in background break into graduations depending on size and screen, past the limits of the file with horsing up fake noise. Still this was in a dim room with almost no light which amazes me.
Excellent portrait. I would have preferred some more contrast in her face though, never mind the noise that would appear as a result.

Thorkil

..inspection at North West Jylland

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso220 1/125 f10 through C1pro11win

thorkil

kendo1

Bratislava:
Bratislava back street by Ken, on Flickr

Vienna:
The Third Man by Ken, on Flickr

Off to Barcelona again in a few weeks, then Croatia for a week, Zakynthos later in the Summer followed by Competa for a couple of weeks in August.
I have a trip with TP (film and conventional :) ) for a week in October on the West coast, staying in a farmhouse in Onich.

I have to fit in some work sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies.