The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankly

Thanks. Yes it was pretty awful in color. it was super bright and hazy. the color version
didn't have a lot of color in it anyway. i had to tone down a couple bright spots on the generators
It's a cool idea, perhaps it's one that needs to be revisited in different light and possibly a longer lens? I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like there is potential for a really great photo around the idea.

rayyan

Thanks folks..:clap:

Moving on from Petra to a small village inside an inlet of the Mekong river, in Vietnam...

Thorkil

If you ever go to Denmark and Jylland, try the northern part of Jylland in the remote areas -
and then do not forget the special Spøttrup Castle in a remote part of the landscape.
Perhaps one of the best preserved medieval castles in Denmark

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso100 1/125 f10 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso100 1/125 f10 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso1600 1/15(hand) f8 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso100 1/60 f2.8 through C1pro11win

thorkil

neilvan

Been having fun trying to compose an image at 15mm 1:1. I came across this little Trillium in bloom while on a walk in a local suburban forest... The objective lens was millimeters away from the bottom petal.

D500 / Laowa 15mm f4 Macro

Thorkil

Mølleåen

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso1000 1/125 f10 through C1pro11win

in the swamp of Mølleåen

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso1100 1/250 f10 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Paul2660

Mølleåen

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso1000 1/125 f10 through C1pro11win

in the swamp of Mølleåen

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30VC at 15mm iso1100 1/250 f10 through C1pro11win

thorkil

I love the perspective on the top image and the way you kept the tree tops to only the reflections. Great shot, love that same lens on my K1. Excellent optic.

Paul Caldwell

Thorkil

I love the perspective on the top image and the way you kept the tree tops to only the reflections. Great shot, love that same lens on my K1. Excellent optic.

Paul Caldwell
Thank you Paul! :eek:
Yes that lens is better and more usable than I expected, and the stabilization helps me a lot. I didn't expect to use it that much.
Yes when the watersurface is quietly and mirrorsharp and one is standing alone, with nothing moving, apart from birds in distance, it can be felt like getting a view from another world.
Best Thorkil

Frankly

“While most extracurricular activities increase your odds of admission to an elite school, holding a leadership role or winning awards in organizations like high school R.O.T.C., 4-H clubs and Future Farmers of America actually works against your chances. Consciously or unconsciously, the gatekeepers of elite education seem to incline against candidates who seem too stereotypically rural....”
~ Ross Douthat, NY Times, 7/18/2010

These kids are salt of the Earth, truly our best.

Attachments

bensonga

Frankly;757274...truly our best.[/QUOTE said:
I don't know if they are "our best", but they certainly deserve an equal shot at educational opportunities...as do all kids, regardless of their urban/suburban/rural or socio-economic backgrounds etc.

stngoldberg

My granddaughter pulling in the headsail during a high school sailing race on a lake near Boston, Massachusetts. Am I allowed to brag that her boat came in first in three consecutive races?
Additionally pictured are the two sailors in the boat.
Stanley

stngoldberg

Shot from the “monster seats” high above the left field wall at Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox).
Pictured is Mookie Betts hitting one of three home runs he smashed yesterday.

Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.