The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks a lot friends..:salute:

I read recently somewhere that people pay others to take their photographs. Strange and an alien thought to me.
To my way of thinking, I am doing a service, I am the one who should be paid!

I never pay women or anyone else to have their photographs taken by me. I do a service to them, and they can repay me paying in kind. Service.
Like the following example posted before. I took a bunch load of images for her portfolio. I sent it to her. wow!!

But then again, like I said..I make friends easily.. Anywhere. Some people sure seem to be lonely!

rayyan

No I lied, a little in the thread above.

I have and continue to pay, through my teeth, for one woman to ' model ' for me.

And all I get for my service, is a ' piss off '.

But life goes on.

stngoldberg

Overcast here today; haven't seen the sun for quite a long time.
But liked the available light for this image!

Stanley

Last edited:

Paul2660

[/url]Sunset over Cameron Bluff on Mt Magazine, Arkansas by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Older shot from 2012, but still like the clouds. Taken with a Nikon D800 and 14-24 lens. Summit of Mt. Magazine, Arkansas USA after an ice storm. Caught the sun just as it broke out of the clouds. It was this shot, and few others from this trip where I realized just how much DR range the D800 had, as this is a single exposure. Wind was blowing 20 to 25mph and about 20 degrees F. Only was able to stand there and take a few shots.

Paul Caldwell

rayyan

Thanks Steen :thumbs:

The thing I miss the most when I travel is my breakfast...

In foreign lands, I make do with cornflakes, some cheese, bread, and fruit. I do not eat vegetables or meat when abroad, nor ice drinks. Fresh fish, grilled in front of me, with a bit of salt, pepper and lemon.
I carry my own tea ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

In foreign lands, I make do with cornflakes, some cheese, bread, and fruit. I do not eat vegetables or meat when abroad, nor ice drinks. Fresh fish, grilled in front of me, with a bit of salt, pepper and lemon.
I carry my own tea ;)
I keep looking for excuses to go to the Middle East to enjoy your excellent food, Rayyan, particularly the breakfasts. Unfortunately, the good excuses don't appear often enough.

rayyan

You are most welcome Jorgen.
Make a visit to the GCC and we can have some wonderful food. My treat.

Best.

I keep looking for excuses to go to the Middle East to enjoy your excellent food, Rayyan, particularly the breakfasts. Unfortunately, the good excuses don't appear often enough.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You are most welcome Jorgen.
Make a visit to the GCC and we can have some wonderful food. My treat.

Best.
Thank you, Rayyan. I'll keep you posted. Oman would be the most likely place, but if it will be this or another year is in the blue. It depends on the fishing industry, since that is where my day job is.

JohnBrew

I carry my own tea ;)
Hi Rayyan, I'm in Portugal at the moment and feel that even though I consider breakfast the most important meal, what the Portuguese consider a normal breakfast will not even sustain me for two hours! I will accept your breakfast anytime, however. Thanks.

rayyan

Hi John.

Hope you have a lovely holiday with a safe stay and return.

Anytime you are in my region, it shall be our pleasure to invite you not only for breakfast; but to all meals. Give you a taste of Middle Eastern foods.

This sir, is an open invitation.

Take care.

Folks, any of you passing by are more than welcome into my humble abode.
And thanks for the ‘ likes ‘.

Hi Rayyan, I'm in Portugal at the moment and feel that even though I consider breakfast the most important meal, what the Portuguese consider a normal breakfast will not even sustain me for two hours! I will accept your breakfast anytime, however. Thanks.

Photon42

I carry my own tea ;)
And I thought you carry your own Kamera and Kaffee :bugeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.