The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

I do sir. I do. It is the utensils and the cinnamon and such that get left behind :shocked:

Different camera setups require different drinks to accompany them. No?

Take care.

And I thought you carry your own Kamera and Kaffee :bugeyes:

JohnBrew

Pano of Porto. D810, Zeiss 50 Makro.
My Portugal images are up on my website: Zenfolio | john brewton photography
For those who are interested. These images are not much more than postcard shots and are meant more as a travelogue than anything else. I will be adding a few more as the days pass and will probably keep the folder open for a month or two.

Attachments

Frankly

Finally got to use the Aquatech Nikon housing that I bought during their Winter sale. Lake Ontario warmed up to 41/5 degrees and now, a few hours later I think I can feel my balls dropping.

I learned that I really can't concentrate at this level and it simply became a spray and pray session but still fun. Also this was as clear as Lake Ontario water will get (easy to see the bottom) but relative to the "nice" underwater photos I've studied, the water was silted up and filthy. Finally, I'm using a Nikon 35/1.8g and the seven bladed aperture does no favors.

Thinking it'll be better in rushing streams and August in the Finger Lakes, or if I get a chance to head South to the Caribbean. I can also use it with waders and boots in the cold shallow water, do wave studies and such. But I have a new found respect for photographers like Damon Loble who use even more complex rigs in open ocean with models.

I have the base model which really only allows control of the AF-on and shutter release, this seems fine for most situations so long as you can show down and actually look through the finder. However you can not review your photos, adjust compensation, or lock focus. I just learned I really need to do that in order to use this in any professional sense, otherwise I'm just guessing and enjoying the Lomo-like results. If you have time and a steady situation you can of course pop it open to access the camera to review above water but the more cycles you do, the greater the odds of getting sloppy. It's easy to use and maintain but I can see how you might flood it by accident with one tiny oversight.

How people handle these beastly housing in the big surf is beyond me, they must be awesome water people. It's not casual at all.

Might just use it for the Summer and sell it if I don't shoot something awesome. If I make progress and like the results then I'll probably want to get the back plate with full camera controls and perhaps a couple of different ports so I can use different lenses. They make one for the Nikon 300/4PF that would be awesome.

Attachments

Last edited:

rayyan

It looked very pretty from up above...

I went down. Slowly...

The beauty lay amongst its people...

Life. Different cultures. Different customs. Same Planet.

Df, 85/1.8G

tomh

I do sir. I do. It is the utensils and the cinnamon and such that get left behind :shocked:

Different camera setups require different drinks to accompany them. No?

Take care.
As I understand it, coffee made that way is brewed immediately after roasting the beans. Brewing immediately after roasting gives the most intense flavor possible. A treat!

The intense flavor of this coffee has something in common with the strong colors made by the camera in the image. It is good living to have both.

rayyan

Thanks Tom for looking in.

The flavor of this ( Turkish ) and other forms of Arabic coffee can be intense. And the aroma is mesmerizing to me as a coffee drinker.
As for the camera...it is by modern technology standards very passe. As are the time old traditions of making our coffees.

Best.

As I understand it, coffee made that way is brewed immediately after roasting the beans. Brewing immediately after roasting gives the most intense flavor possible. A treat!

The intense flavor of this coffee has something in common with the strong colors made by the camera in the image. It is good living to have both.

stngoldberg

The Nikon D850 with the 200-500mm lens is just terrific for sports photography.
This image was taken under the lights with an ISO of 10,000 to enable me to achieve a shutter speed of 1250/sec to stop the action. Utilizing back button focus continuous along with only 72 focus points, 1600 images were shot following the action.I think all were in focus!
Although I occasionally used a tripod, 90% of the images I shot were hand held.
Stanley

Photon42

The flavor of this ( Turkish ) and other forms of Arabic coffee can be intense. And the aroma is mesmerizing to me as a coffee drinker.
As for the camera...it is by modern technology standards very passe. As are the time old traditions of making our coffees.

Best.
I love Turkish coffee.

tomh

Best.
Old coffee traditions have great value. They were perfected when people had time to do preparation correctly and also had time to savor the results. I would like to learn more about Arabic coffee tradition if you are able to send a PM.

People living on ultra-fast "Internet time" have no idea what they are missing. I learned this after retiring and learning to slow down and savor fine things -- like good coffee and good pictures. The most important thing is savoring life itself.

I own a Leica M-P 240. It is the least automated camera I own and its electronic internals are dated, yet this camera has taught me more about taking pictures than any of the others. With almost no automation it requires lots of user input to get a decent picture. I took the time to learn what was needed and I savor the results. The results are what counts, not the camera.

Savoring results was the bond between camera and coffee in your picture. There is a lot to think about in that image. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.