The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankly

So we were sitting around the dormitory smoking and talking about, "What if we are but a small world inside of a much larger one?" Then my friend Horton though he heard something outside and asked, "Who?" while Gulliver swiftly made off with the stash.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frankly

We own two acres across the road from our home and rather than develop it or look at someone else's place we left it wild. I cut a winding trail that best uses the natural terrain ~ it's only 1/4 mile but you can loop it. Filled in a few low spots and have to cut the windfall and widow makers, plus grooming so now I appreciate all the effort trail makers put into much longer and complex endeavors.

Mostly I bike it, it's a gentle mountain bike track and last year I bought a 29" mid-fat that feels like floating over the terrain. I've taken to riding it at night with lights and I also built some low hammerheads (1 to 3 feet) that are optional (they add quite a sense of exciting danger when you're 58 and brittle-boned coming off injuries).

Nothing beats spooking deer.

Snowshoeing or simply walking the dogs isn't bad either.

Oh and the best part is I put an airgun lane right up the middle, with a picnic table and storage box on gravel and a variety of target situations (with backstops). I only use lower powered springers to keep it interesting (a pair of HW30s) after enjoying a fancy field target rig (RAW HM1000) that was so accurate that it got boring.

As for photography, that 35/1.4 Milvus handles flare nicely wouldn't you say?

Attachments

Thorkil

Well children...don't take notice..

Nikon Df with Nikkor 135/2DC with no DC at iso280 1/1000 f2 through C1Pro11win

thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.