The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks a lot for the ' likes ' friends.

And since Thorkil is lazing in Italy.....one from there!

D700, 50/1.4G

Thorkil

:thumbs:...thank you Rayyan for the wonderful unsharp and moody picture from Piazza san Marco !!
:eek:
Thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

...taking a nap..

Nikon Df with nikkor 105DC/2 at iso360 1/500 f4 (no DC) through C1pro11win

(Rayyan, no its not a selfie, it's just the sleeping indian acros Lago di Garda :rolleyes:)
thorkil

JohnBrew

Thorkil, a nice mood in this one. FYI, I do have my new Df, but no new photography until Sept as we are in process of selling our house on the island and moving a bit more inland. It's a nerve-wracking experience.
I did get to play with it a bit and really like the dials for settings and the AF seems quite snappy.

Thorkil

Thanks John, then, through my optic, you are looking forward of using one of the best cameras in the world...its not alarming, its not shouting, but its just so....friendly to your most delicate parts of your brain :eek:
Luckily by us, we have lived in the same house since 1984, and the plans are, to be carried out with feets first. I centainly don't envy you :thumbup:
best Thorkil
Ps. Jack got a lot of recommendations for "soft"-sharp lenses with fine colorproduction, well suited for the Df (which also have done a proper job draining my banc-account - but I do not regret though:shocked:)

Thorkil

..just giving it a short Verona..

Nikon Df with Nikkor18/2.8D at iso450 1/250 f11 through C1pro11.2win

thorkil

Last edited:

chrism

As I understand it, coffee made that way is brewed immediately after roasting the beans. Brewing immediately after roasting gives the most intense flavor possible. A treat!

The intense flavor of this coffee has something in common with the strong colors made by the camera in the image. It is good living to have both.
I've recently started roasting my own green beans - it's a hot and smoky business but a lot of fun. Conventional wisdom is that freshly roasted beans must be allowed to gas-off for 24 hours, but they may do things differently in Turkey. This is reminding of my student days in the Greek Cypriot community that gathered in Camden, where coffee was powdered rather than just ground and we all used a briki to make it.

Anyway, this being a photo thread I hope no one minds if I cross-post a couple from the analog forum, taken with an F6 this summer as we meandered around the southern tip of the province:

Église de Sainte-Marie by chrism229, on Flickr

Église de St. Bernard by chrism229, on Flickr

chrism

I didn't find the lighthouse very convincing either:
F6, 28-300mm, XP2 @100 in HC-110, X1 scan:

So here's a better one. F6, 28-300mm, XP2 @100 in HC-110, X1 scan:

Dockside by chrism229, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.