The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

..in the Thy-region, Nordjylland, Denmark...rainy, slippery, but still trying to make new friends..stepped over the electrical fence..

I decided to look for a proper way out..

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 at iso220 1/125 f10 at 30mm through C1pro11win

thorkil
You mean legging it with some dignity ... :LOL:

Thorkil

You mean legging it with some dignity ... :LOL:
Yes...almost, Bart :)
Since childhood I has never been afraid of ordinary cows,
so the trick is simple, not getting afraid, consider them as friends, even these were rather big.
The other trick is talking, not to them, but with them, as you would do with a little child or a cat.
The bull came in from behind, which I realized turning around, about 5-6 meters away he was. But with only a 15-30 range on the Df, I had to approach him for some 2 meters, to get a proper picture ("if the picture is boring you are not close enough" ;)),
but he stepped back as I approached him. I got the picture, but realized that the situation might not continue being that stable, so I just got the camera in the bag, and had no other thought through my head,
than he would remain at his position when I turned my back to him, and went slowly to the electrical wires. On the secure side, I turned around, convinced that was standing there, still at his
position, he was. It was a calm agreement, him and me together. Uncomplicated and nice.
:eek:

Thorkil

Rådvad..

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso320 1/1000 f4 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso100 1/1000 f4 through C1pro11win

Nikon Df with Nikkor 180/2.8D at iso100 1/1000 f4 through C1pro11win

thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b886_50A_1046]

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b888_50A_1068]

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Ahh yes you're right, Bart :banghead:

Even when I try to do some Fun stuff, I end up making Slow Day stuff.

Obviously it's all I know how to handle, it's all my eyes see.

I promise to stick to it from now on :lecture:

jdphoto

Nikon D800 w/Sigma 35mm 1.4 (one of the best lenses i've ever used!) and the Nikon 85mm 1.4 (also one of the best).
These are just low rez viewing copies, the originals can print 4x6 feet! FWIW, I've tried most cameras from Leica, Sony, Fuji in my quest for the right camera for my style. While no camera does it all, The Nikon D800 had the nicest files in terms of absolute resolution, color fidelity and better lenses for my varied style of shooting. As I swim against the planned obsolescence current, I find I'm much happier with the older cameras such as the D800, Leica Monochrom and of course, film. It's also easier on your computer processing too. The skier pic was for a magazine and there's no way I could make it any better with any of today's cameras and ultra high mega pixels. Now, if the new Nikon mirrorless is just as good, I might update this comment. Fingers crossed it is not!

Frankly

Nikon D800 w/Sigma 35mm 1.4 (one of the best lenses i've ever used!) and the Nikon 85mm 1.4 (also one of the best).
These are just low rez viewing copies, the originals can print 4x6 feet! FWIW, I've tried most cameras from Leica, Sony, Fuji in my quest for the right camera for my style. While no camera does it all, The Nikon D800 had the nicest files in terms of absolute resolution, color fidelity and better lenses for my varied style of shooting. As I swim against the planned obsolescence current, I find I'm much happier with the older cameras such as the D800, Leica Monochrom and of course, film. It's also easier on your computer processing too. The skier pic was for a magazine and there's no way I could make it any better with any of today's cameras and ultra high mega pixels. Now, if the new Nikon mirrorless is just as good, I might update this comment. Fingers crossed it is not!
I went from a D700 to D810, scared off of the D800 because of the early quality control left-focusing fiasco. Last year I picked up a $700 D800 body for use in my underwater housing. I checked its focusing of course and compared it to my D810 bodies. Sure, there are some subtle differences but nothing significant enough to make them worth only 33% of a D810 (at that time used D810s were ~ $2100).

I'm holding onto my D810s and trying to skip a generation since the post D850 DSLR should be pretty amazing. And perhaps the new Nikon Mirrorless will also be desirable although I'm a wait and see YOU DO THE BETA TESTING kind of guy. I like Nikon but their quality control and customer service horror stories make me pretty conservative about buying their latest and greatest.

Besides I think spending the money on glass is the better play. Since I started buying the higher end lenses rather than old D-series and zooms I see a larger overall quality gain more than from switching a generation in camera bodies. I rather have good glass on a 24mp body than cheap glass on a 36mp body.

Thorkil

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b886_50A_1046]
calm & slow mood.
Looks old but aint, perhaps from 60'ties, 70'ties or perhaps 80'ties? Windows are from Linolievinduet (Linseedoil-windowsfactory) I think, producing elegant and old-fashioned windows
Is it a museum Steen? or church-courtyard-buildings?
thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thorkil, it's from the place where the pastor and writer Kaj Munk lived, at Ulfborg in Jutland

Thorkil

thank you, Steen :thumbup:, passed by 3 times on Linseedwindowfactory-inspection in Vemb for the last half year without being aware...

Status
Not open for further replies.