The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrick

Swissblad, you were correct indeed. This scene looks spectacular in autumnal blaze. Probably one of the best moments I have enjoyed over my 10 years of landscape photography. To think that I have been doing this for 10 years, thats more than a third of my life.

Nikon D850, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4.

Hydne, Autumnal Blaze. by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Fredrick

Swissblad, you were correct indeed. This scene looks spectacular in autumnal blaze. Probably one of the best moments I have enjoyed over my 10 years of landscape photography. To think that I have been doing this for 10 years, thats more than a third of my life.

Nikon D850, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4.

Hydne, Autumnal Blaze. by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr
Updated the photo, but I cannot edit the post.

Autmnal Sunrise over Hydne, Hemsedal by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Darin Marcus

The Temple of Dendur at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York:

Nikon D700, AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR @ 55mm, 1/80, f/4, ISO 3200

Swissblad

Hi Rayyan

Thanks for your interest and comments.
It does focus reasonably close, but it's no macro lens.
I'll post some pix.

Take care, SB.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If I shot wildlife more prolifically, the 500 PF would be on my short list. But I do own the 200-500 and have to agree that for the price-point, it's really, really hard to beat -- even if you only ever use it as a 500 ;)

rayyan

While my friend Jorgen lives in SE Asia, I spend most of my holidays there...The Tropics..

So here are more images from around those parts. Unless otherwise stated the lenses are the zf 100/2 and the zf 35/2.

It is mostly about the micro-contrast and the color...

For this image, I was in the water, freezing my butt of while hoping my camera or I don't slip...

Around SE Asia, the staple diet is rice. So here is a rice field with the zf 35/2...

The vegetation, obviously, is thick tropical green interspersed with various shades of plants and trees...like so..

Swissblad

If I shot wildlife more prolifically, the 500 PF would be on my short list. But I do own the 200-500 and have to agree that for the price-point, it's really, really hard to beat -- even if you only ever use it as a 500 ;)
Hi Jack, I concur - we have both - the 500mm PF is a retirement gift - a nice bit of luxury......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.