The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

Fog rolling into mountains at Arcadia National Park
Five shot Pano taken with Nikon D850 and 200-500mm lens at 200mm f8
Stanley

Last edited:

rayyan

Thanks people :D

Sometimes I wonder if my Df and 50/85 f/1.8Gs are all that I need.

Why chase a ' wish ', in this instance, when what I ' need ' is held in my hands?

Sometimes I wonder...but then I wake up from my slumber.

Thorkil

Yes Rayyan, you/we only need a Df and perhaps only one lens. And if we all had that, we wouldn't have to talk geartalk, now it would the man/woman behind the eyepiece that mattered 100%.
We would then all be way slimmer, while instead of sitting here in front of the screen, we would all be walking around the citys/landscapes making pictures...
It reminds me of a summer several years back, our daughter Josephine and I was driving at first to Ferrari at Maranello then to the Mugello racetrack South of Florence while there should be some classic racing taking place.
When we arrived, we just went through the paddocks (Josephine tried to convince me, we were not allowed, but it didn't help), across the pitlane, and there just in front of us stood about 50 Ferrari F40 all in reed with warm engines, and when we grapped the rail, they all went of in a huge scream - just saying that having the same gear, its solely up to the driver/photografer, dragging all the best out of the gear...
I'm in, if you just can convince the others, there would be an interesting challenge :):angel:

rayyan

Thorkil, I would love to have all the latest and ‘ best ‘ cameras. Unfortunately, that
impractical and unrealistic for me.

And to be honest, at my age I find material possessions have lost their sheen...for
me. I seem to find greater pleasure in things which are either free, or almost so.

Last Thursday, we spent the night in the desert..about 200 Kim’s from where I live. Friends and their families. Kids, grand kids etc. We camped overnight, barbecued and just sat around the campfire reminiscing about our times when we were young. It got very cold and the fire with smell of fresh coffee, a full moon, voices of kids enjoying themselves...and not a camera in sight..we hardly brought out of cell phones.

The women, challenged each other climbing sand dunes.

Simple pleasures. If I was abroad, maybe a latte in a curbside cafe with a simple camera and a prime lens. Or the quite sound of waves along the seashore. I wouldn’t be thinking of photography and neither would Ayesha.

I prefer to spend more time with family n loved ones, and enjoy nature and the solace of the stars with loved ones than to have a camera going up n down in my old and tired arms.

I don’t photograph for a living. I would rather talk to people face to face than see them through an EVF or on a LCD screen.

I thank The Lord for what I have. And thank Him more for the free Things He has
Provided me to enjoy.

But I do wish each and everyone of you the joy that comes with everything you own or want.

Take care.

Thorkil

Yes, Rayyan, wise words...very nice words to hear... and I do understand you completely.
I might be less social than you, there are the camera's, my wife and the children and a few friends...(without ranking :))
Camera have a tendency to become related to dreams, fulfilled and most of all unfulfilled...
so concerning the unfulfilled dreams the cameras often becomes the steps on the latter towards the unobtainable mental condition and unrealistic vision of fulfilled satisfaction.
Camerawise, the most happiness for me, was walking around (several times in Venice) with the Hasselblad SWC and a heavy tripod, and not least afterwords, looking at them enlarged analog on photopaper.
So right now I'm dreaming of realizing a digital SWC, and sort of going back in time (very unrealistic I know), but nevertheless (perhaps).
Age is also hitting me, my knees, my back and so, but I got a friend who is at same level of craziness photo-wise, and almost buying the same sort of gear. We have encouraged each other to start physical exercise several times a week,
in the goal of keeping/shaping up the bodygear that prevent our bones falling apart - the goal is, apart from living some years longer with fewer physic problems, to be able to walk around and...take photos.
So the gear-plan is also somewhat to behold a physic and mental condition where aging can come along upon you without letting you down too quickly in both the physic but not the least the mental well-being (they are always linked together).
So that gear-considerations right now, I hope, is not just another step on the dreamlatter...but if I succeed, also provide a sensible direction in life..:rolleyes:
KR Thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.